• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

BFG Tires

mezmerized63

Reaction score
I'm at a cross road on new tires and wanted to get some feedback. I currently have BFG's on my 70 Cuda and have gone back and forth on putting Goodyear poly's on it just for the original look. Now, I came across a chally the other day that had the BFG's turned around so that no raised white lettering was showing and I thought it looked really cool with the steel rims. What are your thoughts? Raised white lettering, no lettering or the polyglas look?

green tire.jpg

Cudaized

Reaction score
cuda tire 1.jpg

Although the reproduction small letter, Goodyear Polyglas tires look best, I wouldn't recommend them on a car you would be driving somewhat regularly. I ran them on my Cuda some years back and although I grew up with polyglas they are no match for today's radial tires in handling and cornering. Goodyear did make a white letter Eagle GT II some time ago but it seems they are now discontinued. I would go with the BFG if you are driving yours like I often do mine. With polyglas you will feel every crack on the road and every rut will pull you out of your lane. This is my Cuda with the Goodyear Eagle GT II radials. Once these wear out I will be going with the the BFG's.

Last edited:

/sixchall

Reaction score
Since I've always had that RWL look on my '70 Challenger. The muscle car nostalgia vibe with white letters out just seems right to me. Thanks, Al

image.png

Back