• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 barraCuda roof skin replacement cost?

Luis9995

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone know the cost to replace a roof skin and front pillars on a 1971 barracuda. I am tempted to buy a barracuda but had a vynl top and rusted out 6 inches around the rear window and both pillars. If I purchased them new from amd. How much would a shop here in California near Los Angeles or the San Fernando valley charge me? Or anyone in other states who has had it done what did you pay? wojldnt want to do this myself and risk anything coming out bad.

moparlee

Reaction score
Luis, Why don't you just talk to a couple of reputable shops in your area and ask them?

Luis9995

Reaction score
Because I've never had it done or known anyone who had it replaced so wouldn't know wich shops do a good work

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
The only info I can offer on this is... a friend had his done about 9 years ago, it was JUST the roof skin ... it was $1400... That was just to remove and replace, and a little rough body work. We had already striped the car down and, My friend provided his own rook skin, it was from another car He took parts from.
Also....are you sure that's all it needs?

Luis9995

Reaction score
The only info I can offer on this is... a friend had his done about 9 years ago, it was JUST the roof skin ... it was $1400... That was just to remove and replace, and a little rough body work. We had already striped the car down and, My friend provided his own rook skin, it was from another car He took parts from.
Also....are you sure that's all it needs?
Yeah I saw the car in person California car clean no rust anywhere else but did have a vynl too originally that was later removed. Everything else looked great. I didn't get the car. Was going to be too much in the end with parts missing, engine, tranny, body work and for a low optioned car with no AC or anything good really.

Back