• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello FEBO

AKL

Reaction score
I am a long time lurker and second time E-body owner. My first car was a yellow and black '73 Challenger with a 340 - 4 speed. I sold it to pay for my last year of college and have been looking for another once since. I was recently able to buy a '71 Challenger R/T. It is a 383 Auto with AC. It is a little rough in some places and I have recently taken the seats and carpet out. This will be my first try at any kind of body work, so I am sure that I will be asking lots of questions as they come up.

Chally1.jpg

Chally2.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

FLY'NFISH

Reaction score
Welcome from DE! Your restoration will be very rewarding with that beauty.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Looks like a great project, congrats! Love the color, What color was the top and interior? Fender tag or build sheet?

AKL

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Looks like a great project, congrats! Love the color, What color was the top and interior? Fender tag or build sheet?
I have a fender tag that I am in the process of decoding. Looks like it had a black vinyl top and gold interior (I was unaware that seats came in gold!). No build sheet :(

jimbyr

Reaction score
Looks like you have a great starting point. How is the firewall and cowel? I had to replace my firewall, cowel, floor and trunk pan. I patched the quarters, doors and fenders and added the shaker(AMD) Painted her the original Plumb Crazy(PPG base, clear) She came out nice.

Jim

71 Plumb.jpg

71RT383

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO !
Gold int and A/C, Nice !
My first 71 R/T was same color W/ black vinyl roof , black int, 383 Mag, road wheels , 3.55 SG, drums all around, no a/c though.
Do you have power disc brakes ?
Looks like you have a great canvas to work with.
Congrats and enjoy!

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. That looks like a great project.

AKL

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO !
Gold int and A/C, Nice !
My first 71 R/T was same color W/ black vinyl roof , black int, 383 Mag, road wheels , 3.55 SG, drums all around, no a/c though.
Do you have power disc brakes ?
Looks like you have a great canvas to work with.
Congrats and enjoy!
Power brakes but drums all they way around.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Please do not do a color change on this car, please...
This convertible recently sold on eBay and I can't stop looking at it.
IMG_2467.JPG

Last edited:
Back