• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SS Leaf spring selection.

70rcode

Reaction score
Currently running SS 002 & 003 (3000 lb) leaf springs on 70 cuda w/5k converter & slicks. Does anyone know how the 3600 or 3800 lbs SS springs would be different ln static ride height & launch body rise .

moparleo

Reaction score
They would naturally do a better job of eliminating squat and if you clamp the front of the spring halves you can eliminate traction bars. For drag racing, you would want the front torsion bars and shock absorbers to be light duty to help weight transfer. Get the front up and plant the rears. The whole car should rise under acceleration.

Last edited:

70rcode

Reaction score
Thanks, moparieo, for the suspension set-up info & I am running that. Let me rephrase my question to I'm running my 3600 lb cuda on Super Stock (SS) 002 & 003 (3000 lb) springs. I'm asking what difference in static ride height & launch body rise do the 3600 & 3800 lb SS springs give compared to my 3000 lb SS springs ???

moparleo

Reaction score
You know that with the limited amount of info on your set-up that is very hard to answer. How much HP and torque do we have? Rear gearing and tire size ? the rest of your chassis set-up etc....? Just sayin..

70rcode

Reaction score
Ok,...Static ride height (rear body height) car stationary, engine off, no hp or torque involved there. On launch rear of body rise question, let's say I get 5 inches now with current engine hp & torque. What will I get different using the 3600 lb SS spring ??

Back