• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Beware Cheap S/S chinese roller rockers

AUSTA

Reaction score
340 1.5 Stainless rollers rockers common on eBay
Been good for around 3,00 mile
Went to refit after some engine work & noticed the radial crack on both ends of the bar .
Only on one side
Roller crack.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That's upsetting. The oem stuff is the only way to go if you can get away with it.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Not sure cheap assed crap around 175 a set the hold down clamps are hex shaped steel not like the ones with blue aluminium clamps also noticed 2 of the roller tips are different width to the rest.
Spent the bucks & went with Harland Sharp it would be a shame to damage a good motor a 1 cheap part

AUSTA

Reaction score
I am running edelbrock heads with hydraulic roller cam oil pressure mods have been done to the block but have good lubrication at the top end the bushes really cut into the shaft like the shaft was not hardened original shaft would be ok as long as they have no wear marks causing the rocker arm to move unevenly on the rocker arm
Only 1 shaft was cracked although the other still showed signs of excessive wear

aussiemark

Reaction score
I will try the Chinese rockers on the original shafts and see how it goes if I have any problems I will put the original rockers back on. Thanks for posting this Brian you may have saved me from disaster.

70Hardtop

Reaction score
Cheap Chinese stuff is not built to an engineering standard as is the US stuff. Unless it is a name brand (eg Eagle) that depends on a certain level of quality to ensure continuing customer confidence. The cheaper chinese stuff looks great in the photos (one thing they are very good at is photography!) but is ultimately made to a price. So they cut corners in materials quality and manufacturing to be able to achieve that price that their paying producer has stipulated.

Adam

Reaction score
Yes, Chinese metallurgy is always suspect. The stuff looks good but how strong is it? For example drill bits, sockets, etc... we have all bought this stuff and generally found it to be inferior. I try not to buy anything Chinese unless it is a consumable, like cut off wheels, grinding discs and such.

Back