• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR Clone with 440 Air cleaner questions

yamanut1970

Reaction score
I'm starting to restore a 70 Cuda and am planning on an AAR clone. The drivetrain is a 440/4 barrel/4 speed. I know I can get an air grabber style air cleaner but what I don't know is how well it will seal on the AAR hood. With a 440, is the height going to be correct? Will a normal air grabber weather strip seal it up? I wish there was a place that had all the different air cleaners so you could go and try combinations to make sure what will work!!!

Anyone have any advice?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I know that the 70 Road Runner air cleaner was offered in two heights; one for 383 and one for 440. The 70 Challenger RT hood will rub the 440 air cleaner with a stock intake manifold 440. The stock intake manifold 440 will not rub with the 383 air cleaner. Hood to motor clearance should be the same on all ebodies. As far as use on the AAR hood, I wouldn't know. I don't know how much "squish" is in the AAR hood seal.

cudapaul

Reaction score
My brother had a T/A clone with a 440 6 pak with the T/A air cleaner and seal ...it had enough SQUISH
it works !!!! with a real T/A HOOD

yamanut1970

Reaction score
I'm starting to restore a 70 Cuda and am planning on an AAR clone. The drivetrain is a 440/4 barrel/4 speed. I know I can get an air grabber style air cleaner but what I don't know is how well it will seal on the AAR hood. With a 440, is the height going to be correct? Will a normal air grabber weather strip seal it up? I wish there was a place that had all the different air cleaners so you could go and try combinations to make sure what will work!!!

Anyone have any advice?
Anybody????

Back