• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ride height

John Wheeler

Reaction score
My Challenger seems to be too low in the front as it hits on some bumps. I measured the front end and got 24 1/2 inches on the left side and 23 inches when I measured to the top of the wheel opening. What would be a good height to put the car at?

Thanks!

cudabob496

Reaction score
Whatever you want. But don't adjust height unless front jacked off ground, or those adjustment
nuts can shoot out of there. Also, you have to watch your alignment (camber). And you don't want the oil pan to bottom out.

cudabob496

Reaction score
there's your answer, as to how low can you go!
ebodies tend to get light at the nose at high speeds, if you can't keep the nose pointed down. To help keep the nose down I put smaller tires up front. I also built a front air dam and splitter, which makes the car more stable and keeps the nose on the ground at high speed. Also, the dam/spitter forces more air through the radiator,for better cooling.

dadeo1852

Reaction score
I'm at 25 1/4" and never have a problem but I'm not running headers. Maybe just new shocks will cure your problem.

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
ebodies tend to get light at the nose at high speeds, if you can't keep the nose pointed down. To help keep the nose down I put smaller tires up front. I also built a front air dam and splitter, which makes the car more stable and keeps the nose on the ground at high speed. Also, the dam/spitter forces more air through the radiator,for better cooling.
Any chance you could post a pic of your front airdam/spider? Curious how you did it. I copied the trans-am challenger but it's on the big side

Avalanche

Reaction score
How far off the bump stops are you?
My fender opening is at 24" off ground and I'm 1/2" off the bump stops .

Back