• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from So. Maryland

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
New member from So. Maryland, been hanging out at FABO for a few years as a two owner '68 GTS 340 owner... Have a new E body " find" ( it really found me) and am eager to learn...

IMG_0129.JPG

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
Well, here's the story.....I got a call,last Saturday from a guy that found out that I mess with old cars. He said he had an old mopar that his dad bought new in 1970. His dad parked the car in his carport in 1983 when he got sick and it has not moved since. He had planned to restore it after his dad passed but due to his financial situation he needs to focus attention on his home. As I'm driving to the address he gave me I'm thinking to myself how many times these story's end in a dead end. I pulled up to the house and there was a car in the carport covered with a bunch of blankets and stacked with boxes...I'm thinking... ugh! I let him uncover it and there sat a 55k mile '70 Challenger RT 383 automatic wearing its original go mango paint....what!?! Virtually untouched since new, it has a couple of very small rust spots and added headers...two hours later it was on a trailer headed to my garage...now I have to figure out which way to go with it..I love the patina...just a cool "carport" find!

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
The duct tape was added because the PO removed the window mouldings and the son didn't want water to enter...there is no rust around the windows at all...

Last edited:

seneca

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. That's a very nice find for a car that sat for 34 years! Does the engine crank?

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. That's a very nice find for a car that sat for 34 years! Does the engine crank?
Engine turns freely, getting it prepped to bring to life again soon....

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
It's been a while, but I've finally made a decision on the future of my Challenger. I took the carb off and cleaned it up put new fuel lines, tank, battery and gas in it. The car fired up first crank and ran perfectly after a minute or so....WOO HOO!
Realizing that I found a "diamond in the rough" I have now carefully and methodically disassembled and catalogued every part, nut and bolt. Other than the carb and the headers the only thing not original to the car is the replacement wiper motor. I have sourced the date code correct wiper motor and attaching hardware since. Here was yesterday and today's pics.

20190627_082719.jpg

20190627_082707.jpg

20190628_170015.jpg

20190628_170111.jpg

20190628_171123.jpg

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
If all goes well it will be at SEMA in November...ambitious goal...

Back