• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A body front disc brake convertion

Reaction score
hello I have a 69 dart with drum brakes on front I want to switch to disc, I have a disc brake set from a 72 E body, does anyone know what I would have to change on the A body to use the E body set up, up/lower arms? Tie rod ends? Thanks for your help

Adam

Reaction score
I believe it is a bolt on; the E spindle should have the same geometry as your current spindles, but with a larger inner wheel bearing (double check this); but if the E body set up has pin calipers you might want to change to sliders, or if you have 15 inch wheels you can use the massive Córdoba rotors and calipers/brackets (which are super cheap & available anywhere). Search for an article named “Disc-o-tech, Mopar” lots of good info.

Last edited:

PST

Reaction score
You will need to change your upper control arms to 73-76 a-body as the conversion you are doing using the larger upper ball joint with that spindle. Besides that it is a straight forward bolt in.

moparleo

Reaction score
Also the 73 and later spindles use a larger inner bearing, which is the bearing carrying most of the load and the rotors are much more available and less expensive than the 72 and down rotors. Sliders and braided lines highly recommended.

Moparparts

Reaction score
I have a complete A-Body disc brake set up available from a 75 Duster with the large ball joint upper control arms, PM me if interested

Back