• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone had dealings with fk5aar?

pete9857

Reaction score
made a deal with him to buy my Cuda, now he apparently is unobtainable.

fk5aar

Reaction score
Hey Pete I was on vacation, I made and offer and my partner felt that was too much work for a later model cuda for him. I had mentioned I needed to talk to him because my garage is full. Sorry for the confusion

Challenged

Reaction score
made a deal with him to buy my Cuda, now he apparently is unobtainable.
I had a recent dealing with this guy too. He's looking for parts for his '70 Challenger. I provided him complete information concerning an instrument cluster bezel he was interested in. We exchanged several text, numerous photos and agreed upon a price. He was then supposed to send payment. At this point never heard jack from the guy again.

He never responded to several follow up text or anything such as I found one etc. Nada! Glad, I didn't send anything to him. Based on my experience and the original poster the guy is a flake!

pete9857

Reaction score
If he has to ask his Mom or Dad or Wife for permission to bye something, don't waiste everyone's time!

440WB

Reaction score
Gentlemen @#%!

Easy now, he’s an active member just send him a private message.

I Agree with DetMatt1

Is it me, or is the world running at such a fast pace -
expecting everything instantly now?

Life/things do happen...

However, I do agree that communication is everything!

pete9857

Reaction score
agreed, but its happened more than once! Keep the pedal down boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Challenged

Reaction score
Being an active member is not an excuse for unacceptable business practices. The fact that fk5aar has established a pattern of inappropriate behavior noted by other FEBO members, is the point of emphasis. Had pete9857 not experienced a similar incident, I would not have been inclined to chime in. Perhaps others may find this information useful, especially before entering into any transactions with fk5aar.

To DetMatt1: Yes; funds were never received. After providing fk5aar with numerous photos, he indicated he wanted the part. The part was bubbled wrapped, boxed and taken to FedEx (his request) for an accurate shipping cost. Satisfied with the cost, fk5aar requested my name and address for payment. After not receiving his funds or any communication after 8 days, I followed up with a text letting him know that I have not received his payment. Never heard anything. Three days later, I reached out again asking if he was no longer interested in the item. Again, he ignore my communication.

pete9857

Reaction score
Same basic experience. After numerous pics, info, discussions. Accepted an offer on my Cuda. Was working on gathering up parts, getting ready to take it off of the rotisserie, etc.. waisted countless hours of my time while I was running my business. It puts a stale taste in your mouth towards other potential buyers.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I'm not going to defend either side. This does happen to me a lot anymore. Much more that it used to. I just move on instead of spending more time on the lost sale. Yeah, it is a disappointment; you are working without getting paid. At least the part is packed and ready to go for the next buyer.

pete9857

Reaction score
It's the loss of communication. If you don't want it, say so. But not after it's packaged and ready to go!

fastmark

Reaction score
This is exactly why I very seldom answer want adds. I’ve got almost everything that is advertised in the wanted section and it very seldom ends up in a sale. If communication goes away, then you are wasting time.

fk5aar

Reaction score
Yea sorry I have been gone for awhile. As far as the cuda in parts my friend was supposed to get a garage and start restoring them, we were going to go half on the car and get it together. When the garage fell thru and he said the price was too much I had to pass. Sorry I liked the car more than him. As far as the guage housing goes I waited 2-3 weeks for a shipping quote and already started bidding and looking and bought on eBay before that. Have a good Christmas!

Back