• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 1970 Challenger R/T V code 440-6 Auto. Super Track pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mean Mopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This car was special ordered by a Chrysler Exec. to go Racing on weekends with his son. It was then bought by A Ramcharger's team member who owned it for over 30 yrs. 19,000 original miles on the body. The car was never cut or tubbed. All original sheet metal. No rust. The car was ordered as such. An original FC7 Plum Crazy exterior. White Vinyl top. Black and white interior. White Transverse Bumble Bee Stripe. Automatic on the column now on the floor. Rally dash with gauges. Manual steering with Power disc brakes. 4.10 Dana 60. When second owner bought it Paint was all faded. Interior was needing attention. This car never sat outside. Original engine was blown up and replaced. Car now has a built date coded 1970 440 H.P. with the original intake and carbs. Trans is built with a shift kit. 2800 converter. Manual reverse shift. Very strong and fast car. The Ramchargers member who had it knew there was a problem with the plum crazy so he did not want to do it back in those colors. So he did it Sassy Grass and black. I have the original fender tag. There was a build sheet but out of a FE5 U code R/T SE $49,900

706pak.jpg

706pak1.jpg

706pak2.jpg

706pak3.jpg

706pak01.jpg

70ChallRTVcode6.jpg

Last edited:

Mean Mopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the problem with the Plum Crazy?
Plum crazy was a warranty nightmare for Chrysler. There was not enough UV ray protection in it. The paint would fade and blister. They went after The supplier to cover the warranty repairs.

Mean Mopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is warranty paint from the factory?
No It is not, The Ramcharger's member who owned her went thru the whole car and painted it his favorite color. The interior is exec. dash pad is perfect. Motor is built with some goodies. Runs super strong.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then, just trying to get all this straight.......

Non-original engine
Non-original paint
Non-original vinyl top
Non-original body stripe
Non-original console to floor shift conversion
Non-original broadcast sheet - belongs to different car
Unknown original Chrysler executive owner
Unknown Ramcharger's team second owner
Unknown beating it took from racing - other than original engine blown up
Unknown OP member with 8 posts that are all posted to sell 2 different cars, no other participation on the board with other members.

Did I miss anything?

Oh yes, I guess I did.

Super Performance Axle package car (A32), not a Super Track Pack (A34) as stated in title.
Missing belt mouldings - option A63
Has SE "Special Edition" door panel inserts? Why? This isn't an SE car.

But, nice looking car though.

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The whole underneath is painted green. The fuel and brake lines were never removed. They are green, yet no purple can be seen. Why would all the purple be stripped for a repaint and yet the lines left in the car? Maybe the pics don't show the purple?

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole underneath is painted green. The fuel and brake lines were never removed. They are green, yet no purple can be seen. Why would all the purple be stripped for a repaint and yet the lines left in the car? Maybe the pics don't show the purple?

Well, its got "purple fuzzy dice"! :)

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I see all of it except the belt mouldings. But I suppose they had to remove those to put on the longitudinal stripe? OK, I'll retract the A63 comment.

You can see the belt mouldings if you look closely along the back edge of the hood, top of fenders, along the top of the doors, and along the top of the quarters by the quarter windows.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see the belt mouldings if you look closely along the back edge of the hood, top of fenders, along the top of the doors, and along the top of the quarters by the quarter windows.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

The A63 option (Challenger Moulding Group) includes:
Front stone shield moulding - check
Rear of hood moulding - check
Fender mouldings - check
Rear Astrotone painted applique - check (same as an SE finish tailpanel)

Body side belt mouldings - nada, MIA??? to me this means a bright moulding running the length of the car at the belt level, in other words, at the longitudinal sheetmetal crease where the tape stripe is now located. Am I wrong on this? Like the photo below.

70_Challenger00251.jpg

Mean Mopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this site is just full of Internet Police and correctness excuse me. I am going to be nice on this one. I just lost my mother and I am not the same and I am lost without her. I am not thinking right. I am sorry as I put the add on here when I was half asleep and very tired. I have lots of cars and I confused some specific wording my bad. I would not personally have the balls to rip on anyone's car or add for one especially on the internet. I am sure you have not one interest in the car. You make it sound like this car is a piece of junk. I should have said The car was ordered and used to race and cruise on the weekends but was never cut or tubbed or modified. It never had a cage even. The body is clean look at the floors and such. The car runs and drives great. Has a lot of nice things going for it. All the original purple is all under the rear dutch panel, Under the dash. Behind the door panels etc. This car was in the Lobby for a few years at Chrysler World Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Mich. I really did not want to put the name out there and would have in a private PM if someone asked. But it was Bob Lees. Google him. I have known Bob for years and he is a good friend and a wealth of knowledge like myself. I have had more rare Mopars before they were Popular. This is a rare optioned 6 pack car no matter what. Don't like it keep it to yourself.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

The A63 option (Challenger Moulding Group) includes:
Front stone shield moulding - check
Rear of hood moulding - check
Fender mouldings - check
Rear Astrotone painted applique - check (same as an SE finish tailpanel)

Body side belt mouldings - nada, MIA??? to me this means a bright moulding running the length of the car at the belt level, in other words, at the longitudinal sheetmetal crease where the tape stripe is now located. Am I wrong on this? Like the photo below.

View attachment 45099
Those are bodyside moldings, the belt moldings are located at the top of the doors and quarters as MoparLee stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back