• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear lights issue

mopar70

Reaction score
Noticed my brake light stopped working and my left signal in the rear the only thing that works is the right signal and reverse still works fine.

mopar70

Reaction score
Checked all the basics now my left signal won't even work. Nothing works at all now no brakes no signal but my night time lights work.

moparleo

Reaction score
You are going to need to check your wiring from the fuse box back. If you have power at the harness connector, your problem will be between the connector and the rear lights. Your turn signals get power from the turn signal switch in the steering column.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Often this is problem with the turn signal switch , do you have power form the brake switch into the TS switch or from the flashers into the TS switch ? You can check for power at the fuse block & then right at the TS switch plug at the base of the column .

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Standard still makes the switch TW7 is the part # , if you have power into the TS switch but nothing coming back out the switch is the problem this is how I would test it at the plug at the bottom of the column , you should have power from the flasher & the brake light switch into the plug .

mopar70

Reaction score
Emergency flasher only works if the lights are off when you turn the lights on they don't work.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
ground problem, the signals are grounding through the light circuit until you turn the lights on then there is no ground at the light housing

mopar70

Reaction score
This is driving me nuts also the guy I bought it off put a push button start which works when it wants if you slightly touch the wire coming from the column it dosent work.

mopar70

Reaction score
Found a loose brown wire behind the kick panel. After I plugged it in only the left turn signal and brake light works nothing on the right side. The audio installer created all these issues unplugging bunch of wires while installing which led to blown fuse. I am going to wire all my own stuff for the future I was just to busy and thought why not give an audio installer a job.

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
Rear lights work except for the backup. The bulbs and socket checked out ok, then I checked the backup light switch at the tranny and that checked out ok. The switch is a two prong, but the socket has three female connectors and three wires coming from it. I assume the center female connector is the ground wire?? The wire colors are pink and yellow. The center wire is an off yellow color with a white stripe. I traced the wire harness from the tranny and noticed that the wires had been cut and were just coiled up. The wires coming off the lights go through the back seat. I have not traced those wires, but am looking for advice on where I go from here. I know very little about electrical. I would appreciate advice. The car is a 1973 Cuda. Ive only had the car for a month. It is a non-numbers matching car. The engine was previously changed from a 318 to a 383 and the tranny was changed from a 3 speed on the floor to a 4 speed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am new on this site and this is my first post. Thanks

Last edited:
Back