• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pentastar only on passenger front fender?

hofilbert

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good or logical reason why the factory designers only put the Pentastar on the passenger side front fender, and not both sides? I don't know about Challengers if they are the same, but 'cudas/Barracudas all seem to be this way.
I'm just looking for a reason they would only put it on one side.

I looked thru old forum search and found no reasoning for this.
Thanks!

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The reason is curb appeal for advertising. It was used as an advertising tool from 1963 to 1972. It can be seen when the car is parallel parked by passers by. It can also be seen, while the car drives by. I have never seen one, but it is supposed to be on the left side of a right hand drive car during the same model years.

hofilbert

Reaction score
OK....so why not put another .15 cent Pentastar on the other side to match? Or, why not move it up so people CAN see it. Looks like a rock or mud stuck on the side of the fender if the car is a little dirty.
I know you are not car designers or corporate management, but that seems pretty simple to add one to the other side. I figured it was a "way back" design thing they have had for many years, but it seems pretty easy to add one to the driver side as well.
Forgive me, I'm a Chevy, Ford, ...ALL car lover, and this is my first mopar.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I remember seeing that emblem on my Dad's 67 Plymouth Fury wagon parked at the curb. It seems like it was a eye catcher.

gf7cuda

Reaction score
Mopar has so many other "call outs" on the rest of the car, doesn't hurt to have one less off the left fender!

michael

Reaction score
Some late model GM cars do the some thing..a GM emblem on the right front lower fender.

Back