• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 HP Manifolds

Claudia

Reaction score
Can anyone provide me with the casting numbers (or pictures) of the correct 440 HP manifolds for a '71 E-body. I'm not looking for a certain cast date or time. I'm just wanting to ensure that I purchase a set of 440 HP manifolds that will work in my '71 Cuda.

Claudia

Reaction score
Are there any other manifold options other than the HP manifolds that will still work on a 440 in a '71 Cuda?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
These are the only manifolds listed for a big bLock in an E-body. Are you having trouble locating a set?

Claudia

Reaction score
I have located two different sets thus far.
Both sets are in rough shape with repairs and are pretty pricey.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
These cars are not cheap to restore but I'm sure you'll eventually find a set. I'm not at all a fan of headers and I think you'd pay as much or more for a really nice set.

Claudia

Reaction score
Yep, no Mopar is cheap. I don't mind paying for what I am getting but the ones I have found so far are in pretty rough shape and I don't plan to pay top dollar for repaired parts.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Wade. I see you on Facebook. The manifolds come up for sale at a decent price here and there (Facebook, webboards). I wouldn't mess with repairing a bad set.

Claudia

Reaction score
challenger6pak - Thank you for the information. I was finally able to purchase a really nice pair of HP manifolds for my 440 that didn't break the bank.

David Hunt

Reaction score
Like these for sale
IMG_20161014_135232.jpg

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Hi, I had to piece together my to cars exhaust manifolds to get an acceptable price for them. They don't match, I even had to get the head pipes custom made. I too like the old manifolds, very simplistic, and great heat sinks as well.

I just took a look on Craigslist here in Arizona, someone near Flag Staff has a lot of big block HP manifolds, he want to sell as a lot. I can't see if good or bad, usable or un-usable. I know when your looking for a specific part, it's always on the other side of the country or its just out of your price range. Have faith, you'll find a set that will fit your needs eventually. Good luck

Steve

Adam

Reaction score
Year One has reproduction manifolds for a 383/440 B-body. I think they are the same as E-body, C-body... maybe someone here can verify.
Anyway they are rudely expensive at $608. However, there is a 30% off sale going on right now, so $425. + shipping. Might be worth it, new, no cracks, new heat valve,...

Update: I added a pair to the shopping cart to see. The price was $426 and $89 shipping to Washington State.

Last edited:

David Hunt

Reaction score
The manifolds all are bolted to head SAME. It is the dump end that is straight

Or angle left or right by year. Look at my set. They are nineteen sixty nine vintage.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I believe the year one manifolds are for a B body. They will fit but the exhaust end is at a different angle than an e body.

Back