• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from San Antonio TX

Wanda73

Reaction score
Afternoon all, I'm John, and she's Wanda. Wanda has been the other woman since 2007, bought her as a complete heap needing almost everything. Took three years to get the metal done, and everything good and bad on her is my fault. I paid for the windshield to be replaced, and for yearly state inspections, otherwise it's all me and close friends - we even painted her in a one car garage in Colorado learning the value cleaning the garage door opener (it dropped little dirt particles onto the rood).

So Wanda is a '73, that couldn't be stock if she tried. Sorry purists, but the metal was so far gone she's lucky she didn't get crushed. She's wearing the original numbers matching 318, 727 and 8 3/4.

The motor was gone, so she got a new 4in crank, and she had just enough meat to bore again so she's 60 over placing her at about 393 inches. All forged guts, flat tops, with a Hughes hydraulic roller and one of their main girdles. Heads are a smog era 104 casting thats been opened to 2.02/1.60 with just enough porting to clean gasket match, clear out the AIR boss, and minimize the pushrod pinch. She's topped with a Air Gap and a custom 950 Holley 4150, and a mixture of Mallory and MSD ignition parts.

Suspension is upgraded stock. Magnum force adjustable upper arms, 1.04 bars, and a home brew rear leaf pack.

Brakes are from a '03 Terminator Mustang: 13" front rotors, twin piston Bear calipers, Cobra rear disks and the entire hydroboost setup. I know, I know, how dare I. Long story short I ran out a vaccum in San Antonio traffic and almost rear ended someone, I didn't like driving it here as the traffic is so bad I coudn't enjoy the ride. So I fixed it and now it out brakes my BMW, I'm back to terrorizing lesser beings.

Wheels are 18x9.5 wearing a 275/35 up front and 18x10.5 wearing a 295/45 in the rear.

Interior is mostly stock. Front seats are 05 BMW M3 convertible, rear seats stitched to match. Yes they're power, heated and work.

Sorry to be long, but I hate scouring posts for details, so I put it all up front.

What do I want - ebody W5 headers, I'm willing to trade both my kids if needed ;)

IMAG0100-1632x918.jpg

AUSTA

Reaction score
Welcome from Australia ,Mean Unit
Was after the same had to buy from TTi about $900

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome! That is a sweet looking ride. Looks and sounds like it would be a blast to drive. You did a very nice job on it.

Wanda73

Reaction score
Thanks for the praise. I'll have to build a thread for her, I'm a hobby fabricator/machinist, so I've built a lot of custom bits to keep costs down and maintain oe parts availablity.

The headers are a long shot, TTI and Hedman used to make them, key being USED to. They have since discontinued all W5 headers. If I can't find any I'll have to get creative or sell the heads, and they're just too pretty.

Back