• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD Ebay post - 1970 Dodge Challenger convertible, no VIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no dash vin
no fender tag
no b sheet
no title
this car may be registered somewere being driven right now.

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One way would be to get a state-assigned VIN for it, lots of red tape to go through but it could be done. Yeah you would still have no fender tag or build sheet but at least you could build it if you wanted to. Interesting car, looks like it has a 3-speed wiper motor and a blue steering column, likely a rallye dash car originally, seller states it was likely a 383 so could have been a JH27N or maybe even JS27N. A closer look at the part numbers from the k-frame, torsion bars, leaf springs, etc. might give a few more clues as to what size engine it had originally. Who knows, maybe someone out there has a wrecked vert and needed a donor.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
CUDA CHALLENGER HEMI SIX PACK ABE BODY MOPAR VIN TAG RIVET DASH BEE RUNNER CHARG | eBay

I found a JS23N0B VIN tag for a challenger on Ebay. Maybe the guy who bought the convertible could use it. 23 and 27 look pretty close, don't they?

Know you are trying to help but; illegal to switch vin tags.
Also, convertible tags are J27 and hardtops are J23.
That would involve using a hardtop serial number on a convertible.

Dino2 (1).gif

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have misread the ebay posting, if that was just for rivets. Sorry about that. He's got them listed again, if anyone thinks its a good deal.
Looks like most rivets sell for <$25/pair.

As far as helping whoever bought the car with no vin, actually I would like to see if they can legally get a title. Even with a vin and bill of sale, can't do squat in ohio, unless the person who has the car owns a business like self storage, auto sales or auto repair. Then it seems to be easy, just claim it as abandoned. Even without a vin.

I thought the dynacorn bodies came with paperwork to title the car as a kit car, or paperwork to legally transfer from an old body. Their website used to show a form which needed to be filled out by state police or DMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back