• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Correct Grille Emblem Placement?

wedg2go

Reaction score
What is the correct placement of "Challenger R/T" embelms on the front grille? I have looked at a "few" photos, on line, only to confuse myself further.

Thanks in advance.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the original 70 Challenger brochure cover when the car was introduced.
This may help!
70 Challenger original brochure cover5b84bfcee4d58459e2d4e9ee6b35683d.jpg

Dino2 (1).gif

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Here are photos front and back of the original grille from my T/A. The "Challenger" callout has not been moved ever so you can see the correct mounting position for it. Hope this helps...
TA Grille - full shot nice original.jpg
TA Grille - back side LEFT.jpg

wedg2go

Reaction score
Grady - So what I am seeing in the photo is 12 clear spaces from right to left before the 'r' in Challenger and 4 clear spaces bottom to bottom of the same 'r' (there seems to be some wiggle room with the embelm)?

Also, the left side of the embelm seems to lock into the grille with that extra stud?

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Grady - So what I am seeing in the photo is 12 clear spaces from right to left before the 'r' in Challenger and 4 clear spaces bottom to bottom of the same 'r' (there seems to be some wiggle room with the embelm)?

Also, the left side of the embelm seems to lock into the grille with that extra stud?

12 spaces from right to left and 4 spaces up as you stated is correct. Here are some other angles that might help as well...
20160307_201540.jpg
TA Grille - long shot - very good condition.jpg

TA Grille - long shot - very good condition (2).jpg

Back