• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda grill trim

jdmtrhd

Reaction score
I'm looking for definitive answers on Barracuda/Cuda grill trim, and I figure this is the place to ask! So , Mopar Faithful, do all 1970 grills have the stainless trim surround (one of my buckets has no mounting holes)? Which models/options got the red inserts? How about the chrome (stainless?) rectangular inserts? Looking at pictures hasn't given me too many clues.... I have a 1970 going together slowly, one restored assembly at a time. It's time to do the grill. It's a well optioned car cosmetically and mechanically (FY3, a/c, discs, buckets/console) except that it originally came with a 6 cylinder...just a Barracuda. A prior owner changed the K member and installed a 383 and 8 3/4 sure grip, so it's going to be the Cuda I dreamed about growing up.

moparleo

Reaction score
So which model of cars grille do you want to duplicate ? Barracuda, Cuda, AAR ? All can be different. One thing to learn about Mother Mopar is that nothing was 100%

By the way, welcome to the site. Please go to the welcome wagon to introduce yourself and your car(s)

Racer57

Reaction score
so it's going to be the Cuda I dreamed about growing up.

Since its not a numbers matching car then you answered your own question and your free to do whatever you want too. If you like the red grill insert then do it. :D

Last edited:

js29

Reaction score
Welcome aboard like the guys said what ever your dream car looked like in your head build it that way and nave fun with it and injoy in your labor

dragon

Reaction score
Welcome aboard like the guys said what ever your dream car looked like in your head build it that way and nave fun with it and injoy in your labor
Maybe late but... All had the chrome perimeter Chrome, 440-6 and Hemi had red lines, AAR only with the chrome box inserts. Argent metallic paint except AAR which was black.

Eric Griffith

Reaction score
Maybe late but... All had the chrome perimeter Chrome, 440-6 and Hemi had red lines, AAR only with the chrome box inserts. Argent metallic paint except AAR which was black.
440-6 and Hemi were the only ones with the Red stripe Inserts??
Think I am gonna be sick now.
My buddy and I bought a 70 parts car, for a number of Body parts,and that grill had the red stripe.
We left the remains at the outdoor storage lot after we got what we wanted off of it.
If I knew then what I know now,I would have saved my other 383 70 as well.

FY170T

Reaction score
All Cuds had the red bar insert,except the AAR.

Last edited:

quapman

Reaction score
Wow. Experts?

As stated earlier...

ALL Barracudas & cudas had stainless chrome surrounding the grille & h/l bezels.

and...

ALL BS cudas had red bars

AAR and Gran Coupe all had the rectangular inserts, which were chromed plastic and the grilles were molded in black. The rest were molded in gray and painted light textured argent.

Back