• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking at buying my first e body.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hey est43 Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey.
Go to the Welcome tread and introduce your self
Dino2 (1).gif

mopar steve

Reaction score
I also have a 70 Challenger A66 Convertible , currently in mid restoration and I can personally attest that it is cheaper to buy them restored than to pay for a restoration. That being said be careful what you buy , do your homework as mine was a good looking pig with lipstick. I personally would chose the B5 Challenger based on the pictures.

chryslerfan

Reaction score
its on completed listing.
it is an HOB car
fender tag has H51
car don't have A/C ??????????????????????????
restorer must have deleted it

Blu car looks nice from pictures. Its dash is not an AC configuration. Either the dash has been changed out or the fender tag is not right for the car as H51 is an AC indicator. Many restorers don't put back the AC when they restore to get that few extra HP but that ruins the authenticity. Good luck whatever you choose. For a convertible Challenger, it should be worth the money but better if it was both a 340 and things on the data plate and broadcast sheet are accurate.

Jim k

Reaction score
Funny how the orange challenger has every pic of the pass side taken in the shade.

chryslerfan

Reaction score
Best wishes to you on your search. I had looked for months for a 70 or 71 E Body (not necessarily a convertible). Many of them are really 318 cars and not what they are advertised to be when you check out their VIN and fender tag. I just did a search on line and many of the high priced convertibles with nice engines were not born that way. Maybe that does not matter to you but price for a tribute / clone should be commensurately less. I ended up buying a 1968 Hemi Road Runner but still am interested in the E-Body beauties. Let us know what you decide to do. On that blue car, you need to find out why it does not have AC under the hood and why the dash is not an AC dash if the fender tag is correct to have code A51

aussiemark

Reaction score
Most of the convertibles are tributes that started life as a 318 or slant because the original performance versions are out of most peoples price range or if they are affordable they need a restoration that will cost a boat load of cash even if you do most of the work yourself. You won't find a decent 340 or big block convertible for 40k them days are long gone. If I was looking for one I would try and find one that has never had rust issues or been bent and try and get cool options like power top, power brakes, electric windows things like that and not worry so much about the pedigree. All convertibles are rare and are only going to increase in value.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Welcome & good luck on your search. Be prepared for ultrashock everytime you need to buy a part for an E Body. Sure wish I built a 69' Camaro or Fox Body Mustang instead sometimes!!! I could have been out racing & crusing years ago for a third of the price. LOL.

sunger

Reaction score
Best wishes to you on your search. I had looked for months for a 70 or 71 E Body (not necessarily a convertible). Many of them are really 318 cars and not what they are advertised to be when you check out their VIN and fender tag. I just did a search on line and many of the high priced convertibles with nice engines were not born that way. Maybe that does not matter to you but price for a tribute / clone should be commensurately less. I ended up buying a 1968 Hemi Road Runner but still am interested in the E-Body beauties. Let us know what you decide to do. On that blue car, you need to find out why it does not have AC under the hood and why the dash is not an AC dash if the fender tag is correct to have code A51
Did you happen to buy the hemi Road Runner in so Cal about 2 years ago? Silver?

sunger

Reaction score
Unless you are able to do most/all the work yourself, you would be better off buying an already restored car. It is very easy to get upside down on a restoration as the builder will constantly find more things than expected during the build that need to be repaired or replaced. If you're able to do it yourself, try to make a parts list and check prices. Mopar prices are far above ford and Chevy. The good part is when you go to a show, there won't be 15 other cars just like yours, and everyone will stop, look, and want it. Good luck.

Back