• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 70 Challenger 6 cyl automatic car for sale LA Craigslist-Not Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just hoping !
Well, we have to live with the tribute cars then.
Too bad.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hot off the dinner table !
Just as I was about to completely give up on this car, I was shown a ray of lite.
So this is the way it was explained to me;
We might be looking at this car the wrong way. Its not a big block car because it didn't need to be!.
According to my dad, chrysler has always had more horse sense than anybody else in the industry. They understood the movie very well, right from the get go, In fact.
Chrysler knew that vanishing point was a car movie with lots of stunts, some of which were just too dangerous. So beside the 3 RT challengers, they probably gave the film company a couple of less expensive cars for trying out and perfectionating ( that's my dad's lingo) the crazy stunts at low speeds first and then if they didn't flip the car end to end, then they would try it with the "hero" car. This way, by the time the cameras were roling, the car didn't look too banged up.
This makes perfect sense,. Imagine going to the production manager and telling him you flipped the RT today,
Yeah baby, he will love that!
This explains the fact that there were 5 cars salvaged and not 3.
This philosophy of minimizing damage is clearly evident. Even in the most important clip, the ramming of the bulldozers, they used a camaro in the crash and not a Challenger.
So my folks think that it's completely reasonable to say that the car is not one of the vanishing point RTs, but it could still be possible that it is one of the 5 vanishing point cars.
Could we ad a zero to the price now?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Even if it was? No....
At that point it would be a car that wasn’t used on camera and is still a /6 car.
And what about the lack of black interior?

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if it was? No....
At that point it would be a car that wasn’t used on camera and is still a /6 car.
And what about the lack of black interior?

I am not saying that this car was filmed.
It could have been for throwing the car around in order to get the feel of the RT cars, like when the challenger was rubbing shoulders with the little jag sportster (sorry I don't know imports too well) or the Harleys.
Those dangerous shots are invariably tried out at very low speeds first, 35 maybe! MAYBE! , and when it's time to film the shot, they still film it at a lower speed and then speed up the film at the studio. /6 could easily handle that kind of speed, at least for the dry runs any way.
I clearly recall flattening out my /6 challenger on the Hwy at top speed of 80 mph, for filming stunts, that is too fast!
A note on the interior, in the video, Tim said that "the interiors were shot! So they were covered" !?
That was another thing that was peculiar!

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
These guys were pros, think about “Bullitt” they used 2 Chargers and 2 Mustangs iirc and all the stunts were done at speed on city streets.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, now we talking, Bullitt...

They sped up some of the scenes so much they looked unrealistic. It was worse than the Zapruder film!..

stroked408

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
budascuda,

This car is located in Burlingame, CA just a few miles south of San Francisco, near SFO airport. The seller Tony L., has been posting these ads all over different craigslist cities for years. He has had other 70 Cudas and Challengers for sale as well. There is a Sublime green 70 340 Cuda he's been advertising for sale since the late 90's. I've met buyers and sellers on CL that have had bad experiences with him. From what they said, he was rude and aggressive and cussed people out over the phone when they didn't want to sell to him. Good luck trying to talk him down on the prices. He phishes in the Wanted sections of CL looking for the most popular 50's 60's 70's cars and telling people he'll pay a finders fee.

TX9

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
budascuda,

This car is located in Burlingame, CA just a few miles south of San Francisco, near SFO airport. The seller Tony L., has been posting these ads all over different craigslist cities for years. He has had other 70 Cudas and Challengers for sale as well. There is a Sublime green 70 340 Cuda he's been advertising for sale since the late 90's. I've met buyers and sellers on CL that have had bad experiences with him. From what they said, he was rude and aggressive and cussed people out over the phone when they didn't want to sell to him. Good luck trying to talk him down on the prices. He phishes in the Wanted sections of CL looking for the most popular 50's 60's 70's cars and telling people he'll pay a finders fee.
Ain't that the TRUTH!!! I sold a R/T Challenger Clone Vert in 2001 and had a run in with this C L O W N the absolute rudest MOPAR nut outside of the C R O O K from Chrysler Registry

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gentlemen, stroked408 and TX9; thanks so much for warning me and everyone else on this forum about this guy. I could not have possibly guessed what kind of a person he is.
To be honest with you, I was not interested in buying the car and I did not mean to promote the seller in any way. my interest starts and ends with the car's past. Who this guy is says nothing about the car's past.

The thing is, for 40 Years I thought that the V P cars were safe and sound in some museum. just recently, I find out that all the cars from the vanishing point were salvaged in 1971 . I was utterly disappointed, so my imagination got the best of me and I allowed it to because I was hoping that at least one car somehow could have survived.
Sometimes things like that do happen.

It has been proven to me, several times in the last few months since I became a member, that this forum is markedly different than other forums. At least I think so. In this forum the members are genuinely decent and caring toward one another. Thank you all. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good gosh! they’re asking 15k for that Slant6 Challenger! If that’s true than what could I get for mine?

cuda620

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a joke! I’ll sell you a 67 Cuda with 86k miles 318/904/7.25 numbers matching except engine. New drum brakes, lines shock etc, that looks like new. Never been patched or bonded for 15k. Lmao!!! Driver and drive it home.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He can put what ever price he wants on it but the reality is he is only going to get market value or what someone is prepared to pay for it. If he is serious about selling he should do some research and adjust the price accordingly.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over priced, ok, by how much?
What about the rotisserie challenger up there in Victoria Canada, $ 89000 price tag was so high that I wouldn't be able to swallow it with a bottle of ketchup, yet everybody gave him a pat on the back and wished him good luck!!!!!!!!
Cam-on! let's be fair.
The /6 guy is perhaps over priced by 10 grand, the rotisserie challenger is overpriced by 40 grand.
No?

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing the ad for the Slant6 ‘Challenger for $15k and after reading the comments made by everyone here and their views. I’ve often wondered since I also own a ‘70 Slant6 Challenger, what would the market carry for my Dodge. Since I’m not planning on selling and I like it just as it is. It’s just a curious inquiry. When I finally take that dirt nap, my oldest son has already threatened a hemi drop in.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing the ad for the Slant6 ‘Challenger for $15k and after reading the comments made by everyone here and their views. I’ve often wondered since I also own a ‘70 Slant6 Challenger, what would the market carry for my Dodge. Since I’m not planning on selling and I like it just as it is. It’s just a curious inquiry. When I finally take that dirt nap, my oldest son has already threatened a hemi drop in.

may we take a look and possibly make offers.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4C4131EE-0555-44DC-9706-B1E9A0253C18.png
02F51FFD-99C5-438C-A6AD-B47DA3899E49.png
Appreciate your comments, even for my old lean over Dodge. I’m not really thinking of selling at this time or have I thought of it as long as I’ve owned for the past 45 years. I’ll upload a couple of pics for you though.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ED2DD3E6-C72E-491C-974D-20F4B48BA736.png
You remember well, Matt, from past postings. You are correct, when I removed it finally from daily driver duties in 2005 it had collected 562k miles. I had bought it with 40k miles on the clock from a local Dodge dealership ( Moss Motors Dodge, now Moss Bros. Jeep, Ram )as a used trade-in for $1,100. The Dodge still looks great. 95% is still OEM. Out of pure love for this certain car I’ve taken very good care of her. Since I’ve had the Dodge as long as I have I guess I’m curious how much it’s worth after all these years of ownership. Here’s a recent pic of a car gathering before last Christmas. It still shows well even with a Six.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back