• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Reproduction Rallye Wheel Opinions Needed...

70HoosierCuda

Reaction score
Hi guys
First post here but I have read several posts when I have time and felt this was a good place to get some answers.

Working too much (at my paying job) so work on my '70 'Cuda hasn't begun :( ...but still planning my choices out and looking for opinions.

Since I bought the 'Cuda, I had planned on using Cragars but I think I am leaning towards Rallye rims for the stock look :)

My planned tires are 235-60-15 front and 275-60-15 rear...planning a factory/stock suspension (aside from changing front drums to discs).

Looking for opinions on the reproduction Rallye wheels...has anyone here used them?

1) Were you happy with quality? (I have read conflicting opinions online...scratches when received, out of round, hard to balance, etc etc)

2) Is there more than one manufacturer on these? I've seen Wheel Vintiques, Coker, Universal Vintage Tire, Jegs, Summit, Ebay, etc.

3) Considering my tire sizes, would a 15x8 work fine or should I stick with 15x7? Which would be "factory" size for a '70?

4)Trim ring...polished or brushed finish?

5) Center caps...light grey or dark grey? I'd assume this is a matter of preference (like all of my questions). Car will be triple black if you want to consider that.

6) 5x4 or 5x4.5 bolt pattern?
A) Backspacing...4.25, 4.5, or 4.625* (*only available with the 15x8)?

Sorry for all the questions that are probably common knowledge to you guys but I wanna' make sure I get this right :)

Thanks in advance

michael

Reaction score
Check out US wheel .....American made! Chrysler rally wheels painted or all chrome I got the all chrome 15x8 245 rear 15x6 215 front. Very happy with quality US MADE got mine from Summit about $750 for the wheels.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
In ‘70 the centers would’ve been light argent and iirc the trim rings were polished and the stock size was 15 x 7 with a 5 on 4.5” bolt pattern.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
I bought mine from Year one about 15yrs ago. Just showing some signs of rust on one to date. All 15's. Been thinking about upgrading but the ralleys fit the personality of our cars really well. Any aftermarket brand for them is probably ok.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have had 15" X 7" on the front & 15" X 8" on the rear of my Charger for over 20 years. No one has ever commented about the 1" gap at the trim ring. I run 295's on the rear only because I didn't want the jacked up look but still wanted a wider tire in the rear. I switch it up back & forth between the Rallye wheels & Cragar's with the same size tires

rsz_20170903_161436.jpg

IMG_20140928_171443_835.jpg

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
I have 15x7 and 15x8 from Wheel Vintiques - quality seems to be great - havent mounted tires yet though as my 73 Challenger hasn't even gone to paint yet

Back