• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best place to buy ‘70 Challenger AMD fenders?

Hemihead2

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone’s experience has been...I need to buy a pair of ‘70 Challenger AMD fenders pronto!

340challconvert

Reaction score
I would suggest Tamraz on ebay
He sells various vendor versions of the 70-71 fender
He also carries the up-graded fender from AMD-my suggestion
Cost more; but AMD is the best out there.

Tamraz offers "Free Shipping"
Current price on the AMD fender -$630

70-71 Dodge Challenger Front Fender - AMD Improved Tooling - LH | eBay
Dino2 (1).gif

fender AMD.jpg

69bfan

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
The right hand fender is out of stock from AMD. Be careful purchasing the fenders until the vendor that you should decide to use can 100% say that they have them in stock and ship at that time. Various vendors out there to choose from, and I know as a vendor of the AMD metal, it may be months before sheet metal can be back in stock. Once it does become available again, sometimes, depending upon the part, the parts can be snapped up in a matter of a couple of weeks.

DrEamer

Reaction score
The right hand fender is out of stock from AMD. Be careful purchasing the fenders until the vendor that you should decide to use can 100% say that they have them in stock and ship at that time. Various vendors out there to choose from, and I know as a vendor of the AMD metal, it may be months before sheet metal can be back in stock. Once it does become available again, sometimes, depending upon the part, the parts can be snapped up in a matter of a couple of weeks.

I just went through this on my R/T hood for my Challenger. Most places drop ship directly from AMD. I actually ordered and received a hood with hood pin holes, but it was damaged , and had to be returned. When I to get another one, they were out of stock according to my vendor, but were a month out. They suggested calling Tamraz since they do stock some parts verses drop shipping everything. Tamraz had no stock, and said that the hood with pin holes was rumored to not being made at all. After getting two different stories from two different vendors, I called AMD directly. AMD looked up the production schedule and the hoods were going to be produced, but 5 to 6 months out. In the end I ordered one without pin holes, and will just have to have them drilled. So the short answer is to call Tamraz to see if they have stock, but you may have to call AMD to get a real time estimate if they are out.

aussiemark

Reaction score
AMD were out of roof skins when I needed one I rang a lot of AMD distributors and found one at Stephen's Performance in AL good people to deal with. You may just have to call different places till you find one also try Roseville Moparts I think they stock a lot of AMD panels.

quapman

Reaction score
I would try Roseville or 521 Restorations.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Just make sure that the AMD fender/fenders you pick up are the "up-graded" ones with some tightening up on the quality control and tooling.
There have been a number of complaints to vendors recently with the quality of the reproduction fenders; especially in the head light bucket area where the panel holding the buckets was welded off set by over an inch. Purchasers had to remove and re-weld the headlight panel on the fender to get it to fit right.
Additionally with some vendors, you must ship to a commercial address in order to get the free shipping, otherwise there is a shipping surcharge to your home address.
Just somethings to be aware of.
Dino2 (1).gif

Hemihead2

Reaction score
Good stuff. I have the Goodmark fenders which left a mile wide gap on the passenger side rear/ door. Unreal. Here I go again...

quapman

Reaction score
I can attest to the headlight bucket area being mis-aligned on an AMD fender. Off by probably 1/4" or so. This was 2 years ago. I'd probably fix it today, but I ended up reselling to a friend after a partial refund.

Back