• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar aluminum heads

DrEamer

Reaction score
I don't know anything about them, since there is no manufacture listed. Many of these heads are cast in China and machined in the country that they are sold in. The brand to stay away from are Procomp and Speedmaster. I have heard a lot of issues with them. In that price range you can get Edelbrock E- Street, 440 Source, or ProMaxx. While the early 440 Source heads had some problems, I know someone that used a set of newer ones on his drag car, and had no issues. The few things I have heard about ProMaxx have been good as well.

Gísli Sveinsson

Reaction score
I have heard good rewiew about Sidewinder Cylinder Heads For Big Block Mopar
They are also straigt plug design.

DrEamer

Reaction score
I have heard that as well. The ProMaxx and Sidewinder are both the same casting from my understanding. The plus side is if you get your Sidewinders from Marsh Performance, he can set up the springs to match your cam.

70Barracuda

Reaction score
I have Sidewinders. Angle plugs. Bowl blended, gasket matched, 7 angle valve job done by hand, some porting too I think. All parts matched to your cam. $1778 w ARP bolts shipped. All stock valve gear works, Give Todd at Marsh a call. Great guy.

Gísli Sveinsson

Reaction score
Looking good,but are Sidewinders offered in two version straigt and angled plug style?
Does these heads use same heads bolts as Edelbrock 383-440 aluminum heads?

Back