• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Slant 6 to 440

SFEbody

Reaction score
took out the 7-1/4 rear end today and installed my 8-3/4 rear diff. Man, I didn't realize. how much bigger this new one was when I was rebuilding it. Now the driveshaft after vacation.

IMG_0314.jpg

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
took out the 7-1/4 rear end today and installed my 8-3/4 rear diff. Man, I didn't realize. how much bigger this new one was when I was rebuilding it. Now the driveshaft after vacation.

View attachment 46509

What rear-end gears do you plan on running?

One thing that is awesome about the Chrysler 8-3/4 rear end is how relatively painless it is to change out the rear end gears.

Mine has 3.91 gears in it now, and I'm currently looking for 3.23 gears to swap out. I'm not sure what your overall use is, but mine isn't "running the strip" anymore. I quickly came to remember that the 3.91's are not the best road gear, lol.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Not a lot of progress, I was on vacation in the Philippines for a couple weeks but now back been detailing the engine bay and all the hoses and wires. Tuned her up and she is running fine but can't move because I'm having driveshaft issues as I posted on that forum so any advice is appreciated. here is the engine

70 440.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Nice work on the conversion, looks really good. I hope you get your drive shaft issue sorted out soon.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Ok folks, new problem. I got my driveshaft issue resolved but now the rear of my car sits 1" lower on the driver side than the passenger side. Is leveling the rear of the car as simple as placing shims/wedges between the perch and leaf springs? or is there a better way? Any help is appreciated.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Update......so I have everything back together and just put on my Mangnaflow X pipe system. Like the sound. Nice low tone at idle then a good snap when you get into it. Drove it for the first time Saturday and the 4 speed is amazing. I Forgot how close the hurst linkage is , not much movement with these short slapsticks. Anyway, check it out and as always, I appreciate your feedback, either liking or disliking, it is all welcome. Here is the Youtube link.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Final Update, Ready to go to the West Coast Mopar Spring Fling in Van Nuys California next weekend (April
IMG_0810.jpg
IMG_0811.jpg
IMG_0812.jpg
IMG_0813.jpg
14&15)... looking forward to feedback from fellow Mopar friends. Been a short year doing this transformation.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Hello fellow body friends.... well the day before my 59th birthday and I sent my girl off to get taken apart and taken down to bare metal then can't wait for 8 months to pass on the body restoration. Keeping it FC7-Plum Crazy purple but, thinking of a white R/T stripe package? any thoughts. I will post pics once the shop starts to disassemble.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Aussie, I guess on word to describe why,, Anal......I want it as close to perfect on the paint as possible. So, off to do a nut and bolt restoration..... I am excited and will be posting photos once they start

SFEbody

Reaction score
Update.....some pics as the car starts its dis assembly prior to media blast.... should get it back next week to start the metal work...I am so pumped up!

Attachments

• pic10.pdf
    752.4 KB · Views: 413
  • pic9.pdf
    695.1 KB · Views: 402
  • pic7.pdf
    818.9 KB · Views: 388
  • pic8.pdf
    590.1 KB · Views: 398
  • pic6.pdf
    763 KB · Views: 388
  • pic5.pdf
    673.5 KB · Views: 371
  • pic4.pdf
    689.7 KB · Views: 379
  • pic3.pdf
    691.5 KB · Views: 383
  • pic2.pdf
    796.3 KB · Views: 403
  • pic1.pdf
    792.5 KB · Views: 404

SFEbody

Reaction score
Hello ALL, well finally my body shop has sent the Chally to media blast.. looks like a bit of bondO..... but the good news not a lot of rust... hopefully new floorpan gets installed and all the prep work for the paint begins soon. Anticipated paint in January....Stay tuned
IMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0193.jpg

Back