• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi from Marietta, ga

TRipnip51

Reaction score
have had 70 challenger R/T since 1985. JS23NOB440543. Trying to track down original owner for info. I am 3rd owner. Think it was originally from marietta Roswell area. Any help appreciated. Think it was a v6f stripe car. any info how to get new dash vin when a dumbass replaced dash and didnt swap plate? Thx Scott

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT.
xscuseless.gif
Show us your Mopar!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey
And best of luck in your search for the original owner.
Did you get any paperwork with the car when u bought it? The original owner's manual or warranty material could help. Any insurance cards in the glove box or even under a seat? Check with Georgia's Motor Vehicles. Rules for obtaining paperwork on cars varies from state to state. There are also titleing services that might be able to get some information based on your serial number. Do you have the name of the person you bought the car from? Track that person for some leads. I also think there are companies that can reproduce the dash tag with documentation. Do you have a build sheet?
Anyway, hope you are able to track it and again welcome. Every clue will help.

michael

Reaction score
Hey Scott I live just down the road from you in Smyrna...had my 71 challenger since 2007...what a fun obsession/money pit these things are.

TRipnip51

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey
And best of luck in your search for the original owner.
Did you get any paperwork with the car when u bought it? The original owner's manual or warranty material could help. Any insurance cards in the glove box or even under a seat? Check with Georgia's Motor Vehicles. Rules for obtaining paperwork on cars varies from state to state. There are also titleing services that might be able to get some information based on your serial number. Do you have the name of the person you bought the car from? Track that person for some leads. I also think there are companies that can reproduce the dash tag with documentation. Do you have a build sheet?
Anyway, hope you are able to track it and again welcome. Every clue will help.

TRipnip51

Reaction score
No paperwork. car had been wrecked by 1st owner hence the new dash with wrong #'s and they probably tossed build sheet. Tracked to 2nd owner and he lost everything in a fire! Will check titling service though. Georgia DMV only goes back 30 years I found out after they took my $!!!

Back