• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

pre-bent tailpipes?

Badfish74

Reaction score
Does anyone make them prebent in 2.5", just the over axle/tailpipe section. I'll build the rest of the exhaust, just don't like doing tailpipes. Thanks

DrEamer

Reaction score
TTI Exhaust does, and Accurate Exhaust states that they do, but hard to order from their website.

gzig5

Reaction score
I bought this system from Summit, it's got all the parts. If you poke around the website or call, maybe they will sell just that section. Quality looks good in the box. I'll start the install this weekend, I hope. I'm sure I'll have to make some mods at the back end to line up with the valance openings but the price was right for this point in my project.

1973 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA Summit Racing® Header-Back Dual Exhaust Systems SUM-680139-NM

gzig5

Reaction score
How did your summit exhaust install turn out?

Pretty good. Haven't had much time to work on it and still trying to figure out the mounts provided but it fits nice and tight to the body. Mufflers are behind the axle which was a surprise, but the Dynomax do fit. I don't have OEM rectangular tips to go through the valance so I can't say if they would work with these. Says in the instructions that it is designed for the standard valance. Muffler exit lines up with the outside of the valance cutouts so it may be possible. The pictures in the instructions (which I barely read) aren't very usable to see detail of the mounts. I'll get it figured out. It's worth the $200 in my opinion. Bends are nice and I'd lay money that MagnaFlo does them for Summit.

IMG_1652.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

Back