• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR hood/ B engine 6 pack

Rob C

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a B block w/a 6 pack set up and used it with a AAR Cudas fiberglass hood?
I have this opportunity but wonder if it will fit and work properly.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If they used the same baseplate then it would stand to reason that you’d need spacers to make up for the lower deck height on the B series engine.

Rob C

Reaction score
Thanks Cryo.
Thanks DetMatt1.

The overall height of the intake on the slightly lower B block was the concern. I have the AAR fiberglass hood. Not a shaker. But I get where your coming from.

I have seen on E-bay a fella that makes spacers for almost anything carbbed automotive. 6 pack included. There about 1 inch thick. Then add the gasket thickness on each side.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Im looking forward to having to figure out a similar situation for my ‘68 RR. I got the B engine six barrel set up and a ‘69 hood with the air grabber system but I’m still waiting for paint...

Dale Richardson

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a B block w/a 6 pack set up and used it with a AAR Cudas fiberglass hood?
I have this opportunity but wonder if it will fit and work properly.
I have a 72 cuda that i just bought that has that setup it seems okay intake has limited vacuum and water jacket ports for temp gauges and heater hose ports

Dale Richardson

Reaction score
I am using a spacer on thermostat housing that has ports for heater hoses going to use vacuum canister to help on that end

Back