• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New owner of a 72 Cuda w/Pics

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Like the title says, I recently picked up a 72 Barracuda. Car lived its life in California up until this year. I bought it from a great guy in CT who owned it since 99. Originally a 318 car. Now it sports a 340 from 1969 with X heads, cam, Fi-Tech Fuel Injection, TCI rebuilt auto trans, and some other odds and ends. I just ordered carpet and a rear package tray for her and sent out the seats for a refresh. Converting her from a column shifter to a center console floor shifter hopefully this weekend (any tips would be helpful). It needs a good tune up but overall a great driver with a lot of attitude...

fullsizeoutput_2d8.jpeg
aMAjgKLFSxqGLqS1QXLxVQ.jpg

rmDJUTYDSBmfsv1zbMiU4g.jpg

aussiemark

Reaction score
Nice Cuda originally EV2? with the console just take your time and set up the linkage and brackets correctly before you weld them in I did it to a 70 Barracuda that I replace all the floors in and it actually was better then the factory set up in my other car.

moparlee

Reaction score
:welcome: Aboard from mid Michigan.

That's a great looking Barracuda. Let us know how your floor shift conversion went.

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Thanks guys. So far its been a blast driving her. I see tons of boxes in the future being delivered to my house as every time I look at her I think of something that will make her better. Should be getting the interior back on Friday from upholsterer. Hopefully going to tackle the shifter. I will take photos of the modification and try and post them as a tutorial.

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Nice Cuda originally EV2? with the console just take your time and set up the linkage and brackets correctly before you weld them in I did it to a 70 Barracuda that I replace all the floors in and it actually was better then the factory set up in my other car.
Yes Tor-Red original. The floors are miraculously perfect on this car. I will be sure to measure twice and cut once. Assuming there are stamp marks on the floor panels where the shifter would live.

aussiemark

Reaction score
There is a round dimple where the shifter rod goes through the floor and feeds into the bracket bolted to the transmission extension you can use this as a starting point. I've got a 70 Cuda with the interior out and factory console brackets if you get stuck let me know and I can give you measurements.

jjklongisland

Reaction score
There is a round dimple where the shifter rod goes through the floor and feeds into the bracket bolted to the transmission extension you can use this as a starting point. I've got a 70 Cuda with the interior out and factory console brackets if you get stuck let me know and I can give you measurements.
Great, thanks! Appreciate the help.

Back