• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New from Michigan.

Sublime70

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I found your site today and thought by joining I could get some motivation and inspiration from someone to get my 70 Challenger road worthy again. I bought it for five hundred dollars when I was 19 years old. I worked on it quite a bit until I got married and had kids and then less so. It seems like such a waste sitting there in the garage year after year. I will try to post a photo soon.

Sublime70

Reaction score
IMG_01621.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard, doesn’t look like it needs to much to be on the road again. What powertrain does it have? Original Sublime?Get that beauty going

Prostreet73

Reaction score
Welcome from Yellowstone country! Car looks great setting outside getting some fresh air! Definitely needs to be on the road turning heads!

budascuda

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I found your site today and thought by joining I could get some motivation and inspiration from someone to get my 70 Challenger road worthy again. I bought it for five hundred dollars when I was 19 years old. I worked on it quite a bit until I got married and had kids and then less so. It seems like such a waste sitting there in the garage year after year. I will try to post a photo soon.

You are almost there...
Just put one foot in front of the other, before you know it, you are on your way.
If you don't mind my suggestion, make a list.
It will become clear to you what the next step would have to be.
Good luck.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site fellow Michigander! Whereabouts in this great state are you?

Sublime70

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. The car is painted the original color Sublime Green. It has a 340 with a 727 trans and a .355 sure grip rear end. I need to get the dash out and put the pad back on it. I had that pad rebuilt by Just Dashes about 20 years ago for a pretty penny. Then install the windshield, headliner, carpet and seats. Also the door glass needs to be swapped out because it got sandblasted.

Sublime70

Reaction score
Detmatt1 in the Detroit area. I see you have quite the wiring haress collection!:D

Last edited:

Cudafor36

Reaction score
Welcome from Toledo. I bought mine for $800 bucks when I was 14. Grea stories all around. Enjoy the site lots of good helpful people.

moparlee

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard from another Michigander (middle of the mitten).

Your car looks great. So it sounds like mostly the interior that you need to get put back together. Mechanically is it ready to go? Do you have a fender tag or build sheet, is it an A66 car? BTW - good that you got your Just Dashes done years ago, as it would cost lots of pretty pennies today:). Lots of knowledge here to help you along.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I have some door glass too, mostly passenger but a couple of driver's side. Tinted or no?

Sublime70

Reaction score
I have all the glass and most of the parts. I need to get the seat covers put on. Either try it myself or pay someone. The interior was white but all the panels I have now are black so I guess I am changing colors. White would be awesome with the green too!

Sublime70

Reaction score
I have the tag somewhere. It was a plain Jane car. It drives up and down my driveway just fine. The brakes were all new about 23 years ago but I don't know if I would trust them on the road anymore.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
So is it an A66 car? If it is and if it’s an early car I have the engine call out decals for your hood.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey
Nice Challenger in a great color!
Does the tag read JH23 w H engine code?
I love all Challengers, but especially the 340 cars
Is the door jam sticker still there?
Anyway, :welcome: There are good people here, should you have any questions!

Sublime70

Reaction score
I don't think it had the A66 package. It had a plain flat hood and a 318 engine when I bought it. My friend and I bought a R/T car for $150 dollars. He took the glass and I got the rest of the car. I took the hood, dashboard and a few other parts off then scrapped the rest. We drove that car 20 miles to the place where we disassembled it too! That may have been the car to keep and restore but I remember it was pretty rusty.

340challconvert

Reaction score
The car will be a lot of fun to drive w the 340
It would look outrageous with the white interior and bumble stripe
Always the need to use what we have when putting them together
Good luck and have fun with her!

I don't think it had the A66 package. It had a plain flat hood and a 318 engine when I bought it. My friend and I bought a R/T car for $150 dollars. He took the glass and I got the rest of the car. I took the hood, dashboard and a few other parts off then scrapped the rest. We drove that car 20 miles to the place where we disassembled it too! That may have been the car to keep and restore but I remember it was pretty rusty.

Last edited:

Sublime70

Reaction score
I watched some videos on re-covering the front seats today. I doesn't look that difficult. I think I'll give it a go. Anyone else attempt it for the first time and have good results?

Back