• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

How many cudas exist now

Joemoy29

Reaction score
obviously it’s not an exact number but does anyone have a guess how many cudas exist today

BcudaChris

Reaction score
I'd say the only way to get a number that may be in the ball park would be to do a statistical analysis bouncing production numbers off of accident rate stats and WAG it as to rust away, stashed away, caught on fire, etc.

Or comb state vehicle registration databases, then WAG it for race and other unregistered vehicles.

Or set up a registry and wait a few years. I'm sure the vast majority of remaining 'cuda's are in the hands of enthusiasts that might even pay a small fee to help maintain the registry.

Either way, time and money to find out.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Or you could just roughly say that 5 to 10% of the total number built still exist + or -.

Joemoy29

Reaction score
Was having a couple scotches and was bsing with a friend

Joemoy29

Reaction score
This is why I hate these sites... you ask a real question people Attack you for not being born in the 50’s then you ask a fun playful questions and people still have such a dry condensening sense of humor

340challconvert

Reaction score
You could get an idea based on how many are listed in the various registries.
Ola Nilsson in Florida maintains an ebody registry on e body convertibles. He may have a working idea of the percentage of "all" cuda cars that still exist?
He runs cudaized.com and the ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

There have been many people "guessing" on this over the last number of years. I have seen numbers similar to what DetMatt has quoted (5-10%) and as high as 20%.Who really knows?

You could also inquire about information from Galen Govier, though he is not usually prone toward sharing data without compensation.

Keep in mind that they made less Barracuda's/Cudas then Challengers, hence they are more rare today and generally demand slightly higher prices.

Finally, collector car insurance companies such as Hagerty could also come up with a number based on the number of cars insured.
Just my thoughts if you wanted to go beyond the "scotch and water" stage of research.
Dino2 (2).gif

tonysrt

Reaction score
Living in the Northeast, when I was looking for a Cuda in 1984,they were mostly rust buckets. The one I found was about 10 miles from my home. It was used for drag racing, had Dana with 5.38 gears, but was 4 speed with no motor. It only had 39000 miles, but the body was sound. Put a crate 472 hemi and 5 speed tremic and of course 3.54 gears. My car was 1 of 501 built in 71, Cuda, 383 and 4speed.

aussiemark

Reaction score
How is it silly? Actually got several intelligent responses.
It is a very open ended question and impossible to answer with any degree of accuracy do you want to know how many of all years? how many still worth saving or good condition? how many in your country or in the world? then you've got hundreds of them tucked away in barns, fields and warehouses that are not on record or known about by anyone except the owner. You may be able to find the number that is licenced and titled through DMV but this number could include cars that have been scraped and the owner is paying the title fee and all that's left a VIN and fender tag. People still say Jim Morrison and Elvis are still alive maybe they are driving Cudas but I think Jim was a Mustang guy.

Back