• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I’m overwhelmed with e bodies and parts

Benrunner

Reaction score
I’m feeling overwhelmed having bought two challengers a 70 rt and a 71 se both with matching numbers block both 383 cars . But the parts are overwhelming. I’m going to sell most of it. I can’t decide on building the rt . I have too many projects already . I have new frame rails trunk pans floors carpets also another roof and a new roof skin . I’m thinking place parts to complete each car with the car and go from there.
E2BF1842-914F-4EE1-8EB5-EE111FD6F5C1.jpeg
19830E41-BE9B-42DF-A8A1-B6559AB828B7.png
A4703AC1-C836-466F-ABA3-D34BD1A6672B.png
2B83951D-1298-462F-9649-A3C356B42995.png
22AB1E12-E297-4985-99E1-EDFB542557B0.jpeg
BF2770ED-98E7-4D65-AE82-51A637174A0B.png
51C00318-81E4-4E0C-B3C3-58CB736D856B.jpeg
687BFEB5-2D4B-441F-9691-ED417CE33917.jpeg

KATSAAR

Reaction score
thank god there ####################s matching huh

dart 1968

Reaction score
Where are you located? I've been looking for some things that you have here.

Thanks

dart 1968

Reaction score
that's a little too far to ship anything large for me, if you end up offloading some small parts, let me know what you have.

Thanks!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Can you post up the fender tag information?
Is there any build sheets with each car?
Numbers motors, but are transmissions matching?
Titled?

aussiemark

Reaction score
I wish I had this problem. Time to roll up your sleeves and get to work this is what separates the men from the boys, don't sell a single thing until you've finished both cars trust me.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Benrunner;

Don't get frustrated; I am sure it seems overwhelming.
I would go through and organize/inventory of what you have first!!!!!!

Secondly, as Cuda Hunter suggested; get the serial numbers, build tags, build sheets; any documentation you have and started to drill down on exactly what the cars are. This is important in determining value and what your next step of recourse might be.

If you sell off some of the parts. you may lose something you need for one of the cars.
This will hurt the value of your cars if you then sell them with parts missing

They are worth more with the accompanying parts.
A 70 Challenger RT and a 71 Challenger with the factory small window are valuable cars.
Don't screw yourself.

You may also decide to build one once you feel more in control of the situation.
I was in situations like this years ago when the e-bodies were cheap and I would have two or three cars sitting plus my driver.
I regret not keeping certain cars that I had. Easy to try to dump things like this, you would lose in the end.

Determine what you have and organize first. I would like you to do well with your situation.

Just my thoughts from a 60 something e body fan who has been in your shoes~

Dino2 (2).gif

Benrunner

Reaction score
Benrunner;

Don't get frustrated; I am sure it seems overwhelming.
I would go through and organize/inventory of what you have first!!!!!!

Secondly, as Cuda Hunter suggested; get the serial numbers, build tags, build sheets; any documentation you have and started to drill down on exactly what the cars are. This is important in determining value and what your next step of recourse might be.

If you sell off some of the parts. you may lose something you need for one of the cars.
This will hurt the value of your cars if you then sell them with parts missing

They are worth more with the accompanying parts.
A 70 Challenger RT and a 71 Challenger with the factory small window are valuable cars.
Don't screw yourself.

You may also decide to build one once you feel more in control of the situation.
I was in situations like this years ago when the e-bodies were cheap and I would have two or three cars sitting plus my driver.
I regret not keeping certain cars that I had. Easy to try to dump things like this, you would lose in the end.

Determine what you have and organize first. I would like you to do well with your situation.

Just my thoughts from a 60 something e body fan who has been in your shoes~

View attachment 56145
Thanks for your great advice, I stand in awe of your wisdom

moparlee

Reaction score
Benrunner, you have some great stuff there and a lot of it is very sought after. Make a complete list and document everything you need for your project(s), then go from there. That 71 grill and tail light bezels are very nice!

Benrunner

Reaction score
Benrunner, you have some great stuff there and a lot of it is very sought after. Make a complete list and document everything you need for your project(s), then go from there. That 71 grill and tail light bezels are very nice!
I will and thanks much

MarksMopar1

Reaction score
Still have parts? Im looking for Left and right Grill brackets. these mount grill to Rad cradle and are about 4-5 inches long and hockey stick shaped. They attach to the grill and to the rad cradle. My car is a 70 , but other years likely have it as well.If you have anything...thanks! They look like this

70 Challenger grill supports.jpg

quapman

Reaction score
A super nice header panel will get you around $300. If the area around the fenders is badly damaged or missing, anywhere from $50 to whatever someone will pay.

If you decide to let the 70 R/T go, I'd be interested.

carguy913

Reaction score
I'm with the dont sell till your done crowd....have sold stuff and later bought it back at 3X the sale price...... I'm working on a 71 chal convert and a 70 chal RT/SE... might be down in your area in a month or so. shoot me your address and phone, I might be able to help on the
need and dont need side...... Mike

Jim Kullas

Reaction score
I’m feeling overwhelmed having bought two challengers a 70 rt and a 71 se both with matching numbers block both 383 cars . But the parts are overwhelming. I’m going to sell most of it. I can’t decide on building the rt . I have too many projects already . I have new frame rails trunk pans floors carpets also another roof and a new roof skin . I’m thinking place parts to complete each car with the car and go from there. View attachment 56135View attachment 56136View attachment 56137View attachment 56138View attachment 56139View attachment 56140View attachment 56141View attachment 56142
Hi Benrunner. Did either of your vehicles have factory AC? If yes, do you per chance have the AC duct that runs from the heater/AC box past the steering column over to the driver's side AC vent? If yes, would you be interested is selling it?

Back