• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE A66 Challenger 4 sp on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Another A66 Challenger up for sale on e bay.
Plum crazy 4 speed. Asking $35K Looks restored/clean
currently bid to 21.2K
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1970 Dodge Challenger | eBay
Looks good for the money!
Happy Hunting

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the black paint in the trunk and engine bay are very impressive. Crooked R/T emblem in the grille adds a nice touch. $35K? HA!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Aren’t those ‘71 stripes?:BangHead: I’m surprised it’s up over 30k right now with no mention to the originality of the drivetrain.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m assuming it’s just a misprint on Cody’s tag decode?
It looks like the A66 was not put into the decoder properly as A6c. Sometimes hard to read the data plates with either rust or thick paint on them. Will be interesting to see what it actually sells for!
Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just some thoughts as I decoded the tag: I corrected the tag with "reasonable" corrections that made sense.
cco changed to 000 (full door panels)
a6c changes to A66 ( A66 340 package)
u45 changes to J45 (hood pins)
Now makes more sense!

JH23:
Dodge Challenger High
2 Door Hardtop
H0E: 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL 1970
Los Angeles, CA, USA

110891: Sequence number

E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
FC7: Plum Crazy Metallic Exterior Color
H6X9: Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
000: Full Door Panels
B03: Build Date: November 03
040022: Order number

FC7: Plum Crazy Metallic Top Color
A66: 70 only Challenger 340 Performance Package
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C35: Unknown
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
J45: Hood Tie Down Pins

M21: Roof drip rail moldings
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V98: Bumble Bee Stripes, Deleted
26: 26in Radiator

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he really wanted to sell it. He probably should have posted it with more pictures and better description. jmo.

djais1801

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he probably had ghost (friend) bids to get it near the reserve. I would venture to say the 21k was the last real bid

D

Deleted member 6382

I think the story was reasonable and the car looked pretty good. Who cares if it has an RT stripe installed on an A66 car etc.... its real, it’s a challenger in high impact colour, and it’s super cool regardless. 35 isn’t too much for that?
Have to remember, years ago these were just plain old cars and not collectable so people did what they wanted to do, day two wheels, intakes, headers, painted purple cars black etc..... so what if they didn’t paint the engine bay purple again when they repainted the car. Does that change the level of enjoyment when you’re behind the wheel?
Just my thoughts....

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The way things are going, relatively clean driver + cars are moving into the mid to upper 30 k range. I’m an A 66 fan; I didn’t think this price was an over reach!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think the story was reasonable and the car looked pretty good. Who cares if it has an RT stripe installed on an A66 car etc.... its real, it’s a challenger in high impact colour, and it’s super cool regardless. 35 isn’t too much for that?
Have to remember, years ago these were just plain old cars and not collectable so people did what they wanted to do, day two wheels, intakes, headers, painted purple cars black etc..... so what if they didn’t paint the engine bay purple again when they repainted the car. Does that change the level of enjoyment when you’re behind the wheel?
Just my thoughts....
Hit a nerve Mr. May 9th 2015?:lol:
Why so quiet all these years?

D

Deleted member 6382

Hit a nerve Mr. May 9th 2015?:lol:
Why so quiet all these years?

No nerves, I just find people are sometimes quite hard on cars and their originality etc... I know lots of people argue about collectibility and originality verses the other. I can see it both ways, just think if it’s all critical sometime folks should keep it to themselves. Not everyone sees the hobby the same as I or you etc and we all need to respect that.

No need to post anything I guess. Doesn’t mean I don’t look....

70SunFun

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No nerves, I just find people are sometimes quite hard on cars and their originality etc... I know lots of people argue about collectibility and originality verses the other. I can see it both ways, just think if it’s all critical sometime folks should keep it to themselves. Not everyone sees the hobby the same as I or you etc and we all need to respect that.

No need to post anything I guess. Doesn’t mean I don’t look....

I agree 100% with Real U Code. Fans should keep their opinions to themselves on other people's cars (if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all). I've been at cruises and shows, having heard people confront owners about 'flaws or inaccuracies' with their cars. I myself am a factory original guy, but for MY cars. My Challenger matches the fender tag options and is factory FC7 In Violet. But when I bought it the current paint hue was a few shades lighter than factory FC7 (engine bay is still FC7). I would have liked it to have been FC7 but I actually like the current color better than original FC7 so I'm good with it. I like to see cars the way they rolled off the assembly line but I can appreciate other cars that might have different year stripes, grilles, wheels, mods, etc. or have been altered. I do cringe when I see highly modified cars but would never say anything to the owner, lol! To each his/her own, jmo.

Last edited:

Steinman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 33k is high for a basic stock ride.

I purchased a 73 Challenger, granted it is not a 70, for $36500 a year ago.
The car was originally a Tri Black painted Orange throughout. Original interior in excellent condition. Original vinyl top in very good condition. Rebuild original 4 speed with console and build sheet.
Stroked 408 w/ Edelbrock heads and manifold. Comp cam, MSD and tubular K member with power rack steering. Coated headers with 3" exhaust and 500 wheels.

Won 6 out of 8 local car shows last year.

Best of all it is a driver I can enjoy. I would not want a pure stock ride that I could not drive and enjoy.

It is all about ones taste.

70SunFun

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 33k is high for a basic stock ride.

I purchased a 73 Challenger, granted it is not a 70, for $36500 a year ago.
The car was originally a Tri Black painted Orange throughout. Original interior in excellent condition. Original vinyl top in very good condition. Rebuild original 4 speed with console and build sheet.
Stroked 408 w/ Edelbrock heads and manifold. Comp cam, MSD and tubular K member with power rack steering. Coated headers with 3" exhaust and 500 wheels.

Won 6 out of 8 local car shows last year.

Best of all it is a driver I can enjoy. I would not want a pure stock ride that I could not drive and enjoy.

It is all about ones taste.
Sounds like you have a very nice Challenger, congrats on the trophies! My '70 Challenger R/T convertible is about as pure stock as it can get although it's a driver. I drive it every chance I get. Two weeks ago I drove it for two hours with the top down when it was a balmy 64 degrees and sunny here in Pittsburgh. The reason I drive it everywhere is recalling talking to Steve Siegel at the '88 MOPAR Nats who at the time owned the famous yellow '71 HEMI Cuda convertible, white convertible top and interior. I saw him drive that bad boy down the 1/4 mile track. Later that day I saw him standing by the car and I said something like "Man, you've got a really great and rare car, I can't believe that you drove it down the track!" He said something like "it's a car and it was meant to be driven." You could have blown me over with a feather! Since then I have that same attitude. Even if I had a show car I would drive it everywhere. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back