• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power Steering Pump

money pit

Reaction score
What power steering pump was used on a 70 Barracuda with a 340 or 360? I pulled the slant and installed a 360 with stock exhaust manifolds. The engine originally had A/C and I plan on installing A/C again. When I bought the engine there wasn't a pump. Thanks

hellrats

Reaction score
They used the Federal pump or the Saginaw. You need to get the correct brackets and hoses for the one your going to use. Myself I think the Saginaw is a better pump and it maybe easier to find too.

money pit

Reaction score
They used the Federal pump or the Saginaw. You need to get the correct brackets and hoses for the one your going to use. Myself I think the Saginaw is a better pump and it maybe easier to find too.
Thanks, I'll see what the slant had and get the correct brackets

aussiemark

Reaction score
Someone was asking about pumps a while ago and someone else suggested using the slant six pump because it will run lower pressure and help with the typical Chrysler excessively light steering at cruise speed.

money pit

Reaction score
Someone was asking about pumps a while ago and someone else suggested using the slant six pump because it will run lower pressure and help with the typical Chrysler excessively light steering at cruise speed.
I'll see if I can find the thread. Thanks.

Back