• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I GIVE UP

crytough

Reaction score
I had a couple of dash lights out and the entire light bar out. Fuse for the instrument panel is good but no power. Not the bulbs. Did the ammeter by-pass hoping to fix problem. Still nothing. If I buy a new harness should I buy just the dash harness, or do I need engine & dash harness & will this fix my problem if the dimmer switch is good. Don' know if it's good yet. Planning on talking to Jim and shipping it to him. HELP !

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Are you talking about the dimmer switch on the floor for your headlights or dimmer switch for your interior lights

tonysrt

Reaction score
I don't use my car much at night but I noticed after I changed to LED's in the light bar they didn't seem to work. When they did work after initial installation I had to fool around with the dimmer switch to make them work. I haven't looked into it any further but it may be corrosion on the dimmer switch itself. Now that winter is here I'll wait till spring or some warmer weather to check it out.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Yes , that dash dimmer switch is usually a problem spot. That’s where I would start. Power in power out

aussiemark

Reaction score
The dimmer switch in my Challenger is touchy if you turn it at all the dash lights go out and then if you turn it back and forward they come back on so I just leave it alone and all is good.

crytough

Reaction score
The dimmer switch in my Challenger is touchy if you turn it at all the dash lights go out and then if you turn it back and forward they come back on so I just leave it alone and all is good.
I'll have it checked out. Thanks

340challconvert

Reaction score
Make sure the panel has a good ground. This often creates problems, especially with a little rust or corrosion in the area
Dino2 (2).gif

napaguy

Reaction score
I had a couple of dash lights out and the entire light bar out. Fuse for the instrument panel is good but no power. Not the bulbs. Did the ammeter by-pass hoping to fix problem. Still nothing. If I buy a new harness should I buy just the dash harness, or do I need engine & dash harness & will this fix my problem if the dimmer switch is good. Don' know if it's good yet. Planning on talking to Jim and shipping it to him. HELP !
check your headlight switch. you can jump the dimmer switch with a piece of wire so all power will go to light bar

crytough

Reaction score
check your headlight switch. you can jump the dimmer switch with a piece of wire so all power will go to light bar
My head lights work. I just shipped out my dimmer switch to Slotts for repair. Thanks though for the response

Back