• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 1970 426 hemi engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goodness. That's a lot of money.
I guess that's why it's still for sale?

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 30k you could build a Hemi with all new components 4340 light weight race crank, light weight high strength rods, new block (Jeg's has them for $3,922) the very best of everything and it will handle the type of abuse that would make a standard engine drop it's internals all over the road. Something capable of supporting well over 1000hp no sweat build it up so you get 600hp and if it's strong enough to handle twice as much you know it's going to last. I would rather have that animal under my hood then this poor old thing.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark, I agree totally!!! Sometime just because it was for originally an Ebody, does not mean it is off the chart worthy of a fully restored price. Although, I know Hemi George in Simi Valley CA has one on eBay for 30K and it is complete and has all the dyne info to back it up. That way there is no chance, but again if my car was not born with the OLD Hemi technology, I would buy a helcat Hemi for 18K...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back