• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A833 transmission hydrolic throwout

alex perini

Reaction score
Has anyone done the hydrolic throwout conversion on this transmission is it hard to do ? And if so did you use bolt on or slide on throwout style ?

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
I converted to a hydraulic throw out when i did my TKO swap - went with a McLeod cylinder (slide on style) and a slave that I fabricated a bracket to mount - today several companies make a ready to go kit

tlt23

Reaction score
how is the ease of operation? smoother? After doing it do you see any pros or cons of doing a swap?

alex perini

Reaction score
In the process of doing it now I'll let you know how it goes thanks I have a slide on style aswell

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If your car doesn't have to be original, it is the way to go. Much easier on the foot.

tlt23

Reaction score
6pak
I'm assuming you have one? Which one did you go with?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
A friend has it. I helped install it. It was a kit and a while back. We had to fabricate brackets etc. Hopefully things are better now. I know the clutch master cylinder was from Wilwood. At 4 AM I can't call and ask him. It made the clutch feel like the high performance one in my BMW. Gone is the sore foot from holding and using the clutch.

tlt23

Reaction score
Can you send me a couple pic of this install, I think I am going to do this for my son and daughters cars. I have everything planned on the trans side but looking at the pedal and reservoir set up. This will get rid of the Z bar and all the levers except the shift for, correct.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Put one in my challenger, bought everything I needed from American Powertrain. Works great with my TKO and 540hp bb . Yes no need for zbar

Last edited:

alex perini

Reaction score
No need for z bar just hydrolic throw out and no shif fork either very simple I'll send pics

gzig5

Reaction score
Any new developments on this topic? I'll be putting an 833 OD in my 73 and hydraulic clutch actuation seems to have a lot going for it. Both master/slave cylinder and the hydraulic throwout bearing. I know American Powertrain has a kit and I saw something where a Nissan master and slave were used but no real details on that. I still need to get pedals and the box may need a rebuild so I'm a bit price sensitive.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I got mine from Keisler before American Powertrain took over. I heard they improved the bearing but mine has been trouble free for 3yrs now. The only thing you must be careful with is the measurements from the fingers to the end of the bellhousing.

Back