• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

challenger2[1].jpg

1970 FC7 Challenger

Real R/T, 440 replaced original 383, (not by me) '71 block but not getting anywhere with the numbers I've been able to find except possible C-body block, maybe imperial, # matching 727.

General Description

challenger2[1].jpg

Haven't dabbled in restoration since the 80's when all you could buy were quarter skins unlike today you can get headlight bezel screws for a '64 Savoy. Overall the car's assessment is positive, 56k, which I believe is original.
Can't find obvious signs of panel repair, rear quarters look orig and magnet test shows very little filler. Orig 383 was changed out for 440, which I was aware of.... Wasn't counting on a crushed oil pan but was somehow missed in the 76 pics I was sent. It took buying one to start picking up on the details like R/T's didn't come w fender mounted turn signals but fenders aren't re-pops so maybe a special order...? You could have done that back then. '71 440 using '68 intake and valve covers and brackets. Can't seem to find a serial number on the block to verify what it may have come out of..possibly an Imperial. After adjusting the floats on a Edelbrock performer and adding a fuel pressure reg I can comfortably drive it without asphyxiation... Now that I straightened that out I'm thinking maybe it's time to change over to a TQ... !

Comments

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
i_taz
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings