• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

DSC01859_zpsa36dsard.jpg

1972 Plymouth Cuda E-Body

This is a 1972 Cuda E-body which I have been restoring for a few years. I still have a way to go before it is completed. This vehicle is far from being original.

General Description

I have a home garage (shop) where I am building a 1972 Plymouth Cuda, E-Body. It is far from being original. The engine was built by Indy Cylinder Head. It is a Generation III Hemi stroked to a 426. It has 5.7 ported Hemi heads. It is equipped with a FAST EZ-EFI system (Fast air spark technology) with a 1000 CFM throttle body and MSD Hemi 6 ignition system. The engine produces 600 rpm per second while at 6200 rpm it produces 497.5 ft lbs of torque with 587.4 Hp. I installed 6.4L ceramic coated Hemi Crate Headers with a thermal barrier and with 3.5" collectors.

The radiator is a Champion polished aluminum with a Ledfoot racing aluminum shroud and 16" SPAL high performance electric fan. Included is a polished overflow tank, stainless steel radiator hose kit and stainless steel water heater hose kit.

The fuel tank is a custom aluminum by Hotrod City. It is using an in tank fuel pump along with a Aeromotive fuel regulator and fuel gauge.

The transmission is a Phoenix PT4L60ESX, Chevy 4-Speed. It is cable driven and uses Compshift CSII Transmission Control System by Automotive HGM Electronics to speak to the engine computer on when and how hard to shift.

The front suspension is an Alterkation with adjustable shocks and springs for a controlled ride. The rear axle is a Dana 60, 410 positive traction with Street Lynx 4-link rear suspension kit. The brake system is Wilwood, 14" on the front and 12" on the rear. I installed Hotchkis frame stiffeners. The wheels are 20" American Racing with Extreme ZR Nitro-NT555 tires. The front are 285/30ZR20 99W and the rear are 275/30ZR20 97W.

The headlamps are Rampage Halogen H4, 55/60 watt bulbs while the rear has LED sequential tail lights and LED backup lights.

All glass is tinted and all windows are power. The side markers and door hardware has been shaved. The doors and trunk lid are power with poppers. The side mirrors are 2010 Challenger, power and heated.

The dash and armrests were restored by Just Dashes. I installed all new electronic Speedhut gauges, a Vintage AC and Heating system, an Ididit Steering Column with cruise control, dimmer switch, turn signals, 4-way flashers, and 8-position tilt. The front bucket seats are from a 2010 Charger with power and heat. The battery and fuse box have been relocated in the trunk.

The paint is a 2014 Dodge Challenger Billet Silver Metallic. It has the AAR hood and rear spoiler on the trunk lid. All of the floors and trunk floor were replaced, quarter panels replaced, and trunk lid replaced. The front and rear bumpers have been pulled in and the vertical pieces removed along with smoothing out the lower rear valance.

I still have a lot of work left to be completed, fuel and brake lines, a 3 1/2" aluminum driveshaft, exhaust system, seat belts, carpet, and recover the seats.

DSC01859_zpsa36dsard.jpg

Comments

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
George72Cuda
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating