• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

challenger16_1851216402_o.jpg

1974 Dodge Challenger 360

This is a start to my 74 Challenger restore again.

General Description

engine.jpg
I've had this car since 1997 and I'm in the process of repainting it again. I purchased it off of the original owner and it was basically an unmolested car, except for headers and painted black. I painted it yellow in 2001 which was the original color but I believe it was sunburst yellow(kind of pastel) so I painted top banana yellow to give it a bit more pop. long story short the vinyl top held water and caused some serious rust issues hence the repaint here in 2016. I'm doing away with the vinyl top and painting it all yellow. I should be getting it back from paint and body in the next month or so and start the process of reassembly. I'm going to pull the bumpers into the body and do away with the bumper guards such as in the 72 model year.
Update 5/7/2017: engine installed and fired up in April, Front end grill, bumpers and front and rear valiances installed, trim around the front windshield installed. need to pick up the hood from the painter, get rear glass glued back in and reinstall trim, purchase the strobe stripe and decide if I want to black out the hood again or just run with the strobe stripe. Never been a big fan of the strobe stripe... but in this instance I think it will look good. What do you all think,
strobe stripe and blackout hood, no strobe and black out hood, only the strobe stripe?

Comments

Finally yellow again. Buffing on Saturday and picking it up on Sunday. Then the process of putting back together again starts... Can't wait it has been gone awhile. I'll post more pictures as the build progresses.

video of new engine running at 750RPM after initial cam break in 360 .030 over comp cam XE268 10.5 to 1 comp. Holley 780 vac. sec. carb LD 340 intake and magnum exhaust manifolds with flow master 40 mufflers. Heads are J heads ported and 2.02 intakes installed. these heads I ran on my 72 Duster back in the mid 1990's and have been milled .050 back then to bump comp. up on the 360 in it. I still need to tune and chase a couple of coolant leaks at the T-stat housing and 1 water pump bolt. Sorry for the piss poor video skills. I'll try and get better.

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
mopar74
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Member Garages