• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

small size.jpg

1st "Wife", '70 Cuda 440

Retirement's Passionate Hobby

General Description

When I was 19 years old in 1973, "Cheryl" and I were married. She came with a 440, 4 barrel, 4 speed, and 354 Dana rear end. She was born on September 23, 1969. I am her second husband. The first husband did not treat her well. I took a second wife who was very jealous of the time I spent with Cheryl. Over the many years of marriage the second wife took precedence which caused Cheryl to develop depression and a severe case of cancer. Now after the divorce of the second wife I have saved up for Cheryl to get the medical attention she so desperately needs.

1st photo 1973, 2nd photo 1986, 3rd photo 2016

All numbers matching car. Only 334 out of 16720 1970 Cuda's had a 440, 4barrel, 4 speed compared to 902 440 6 barrel 4 speeds produced.

B: Barracuda
S: Special
23 : 2 Door Hardtop
U: 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8CYL
0: 1970
B: Hamtramck, MI

FENDER TAG
E86: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (High Performance) 375hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
FK5: Exterior Color; Deep Burnt Orange
H6X9: Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
000: Full Door Panels
923: Build Date: September 23
019303: Order number
FK5: Top Color
A33: Track Pak w/3.54 ratio
B51: Power Brakes
C55: Bucket Seats
J45: Hood Tie Down Pins
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings
M88: Decklid Moldings Treatment
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
Y05: Build to USA Specs
26: 26in Radiator
EN1: End of Sales Codes
View attachment 60597 View attachment 60598 View attachment 60599

Comments

Restoration began yesterday. Worked 7 hours. Found out I'm not as strong (young) as I use to be. Removed hood, exhaust system, radiator, fan and altn. Tomorrow sched to remove the tranny and driveshaft.

A man would have to be crazy to not appreciate this car for what it is. Great car, and rare!

I think the low production for 4 barrel cars in 70 was the reason they only made 440-6 for 71. I was very surprised when I found out there were fewer 4 barrel cars in 70 I suppose the option was cheap so few could resist.

I think this was a very clever way of putting it. It is the reality of owning one of these cars, and real wives who understand are just as hard to come bye, thank god or someone I have one of those wives.

I think this was a very clever way of putting it. It is the reality of owning one of these cars, and real wives who understand are just as hard to come bye, thank god or someone I have one of those wives.
I'm recently remarried to a wonderful woman (truly a gift from God) who totally supports the restoration. She can't wait for Cheryl to give her a thrill on the road. Wait a minute, I think I may get jealous.

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Walter Phillips
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Member Garages