• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

DSCN0492 1.jpg

AAR Survivor

My 1970 AAR Cuda survivor with 44K original miles.

General Description

Have owned car since Nov78. Second owner. All exterior F8 paint & Organisol hood paint is original, never been touched up. Interior is all original except for front seat center Ranger Grain inserts only that I had replaced due to stitching pulling through due to age. Engine has Direct Connection Hydraulic purple cam 284 duration 484" lift and balanced rotating assembly with headers. All stock otherwise. Car has original optional 3.91 diff with factory pistol grip 4 spd and console. Std dash with tach and oil pressure guages added. Still has original brake hardware with rubber parts replaced in 2009. Car has never had any restoration work and was a factory under coated car. Still has some assembly markings.

Comments

Throwaways for sure. When I brought it home for the first time my mom and dad told me I was just pissing away my money. (Paid $1800.00 for it after beating the original owner down from his asking price of $2k). Luckly the original owner & I always had a garage to keep it in. The original owner had a pick up truck for his primary transportation the whole time he owned it so it was never run in much weather. Car was sold new out of Doug Griffiths Chrysler Plymouth on Hartford Rd in Baltimore, Md. Still has their sale sticker on the rear valance. I also have the warranty & original paper work. They were kind of a miniture version of Mr. Norms for the Baltimore area & sponered several drag cars & held Sox/Chrysler drag clinics. Has 44K original miles onit. Glad you all enjoy seeing it.

Your a better deal maker than I was. I paid $1800 also down from $2K, but it was only a Cuda. That was 1977.

I used to go by Doug Griffiths everyday before picking up my papers for my route when I was a kid to look at all of the MOPARS in the back lot that everyone traded in and they couldn't sell. Plenty of Chargers, Challengers and the like. I also liked Doug Griffiths used car lot the front row on Harford Road it was nothing but new and old corvettes. Boy those were the days.

I used to go by Doug Griffiths everyday before picking up my papers for my route when I was a kid to look at all of the MOPARS in the back lot that everyone traded in and they couldn't sell. Plenty of Chargers, Challengers and the like. I also liked Doug Griffiths used car lot the front row on Harford Road it was nothing but new and old corvettes. Boy those were the days.
Yup, those were the days. Doug Griffith didn't get the Chrysler Plymouth franchise until 1966. Before that he specialized in used Corvettes and his location there was called Corvette Corner.

Incredible low mi. survivor! I have a FF4 '70 'Cuda 340. Don't understand the stigma attached to green cars!?

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Slade Caltrider
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 6 ratings

More in Member Garages