• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

cudarow.jpg

TOR-RED '70 HEMI 'CUDA Convertible (clone)

I had to get my dream car... A 1970 Orange 426 HEMI 'CUDA CONVERTIBLE. Its a clone, but a great California no rust, never wrecked, well maintained car that didn't need anything. Just having fun with it!

General Description

driveway.jpg

sideshot.jpg

mycar-show.jpg

This is a 1970 Barracuda Convertible w/426 V8, dual 4bbl, 3-spd auto w/Hughes kit, power steering, power front disc brakes, 3.23 8 3/4" Sure-grip, 11" HD rear drum brakes, TTI 3" dual exhaust, Flowmaster 40's, Shaker Hood & scoop, Rubber bumpers front & rear, Go-Wing, 150 mph speedo, Std. Black interior, Power top, Ralleye Pac Instruments, Rim-Blow steering wheel, woodgrained console, fog lights (now re-installed), heavy-duty front sway bar, Magnum 500 wheels, and upgraded radio/stereo (Sub woofer in trunk about fills trunk)
dicksR-int.jpg

patsR3.jpg

This is an original BH..G car that was built and restored to match an original BS..R car in every way. If you had a real factory BS..R car sitting next to mine, they would be almost identical. The only differences would be 2 letters on the VIN and the price tags. I can drive and have fun with my car, the other guy can't.
engine2.jpg

116.jpg

Engine:
Engine is a 1969 solid lifter 426 HEMI with Dual Edelbrock 600cfm 4 BBL, 3/8" fuel lines, bored and decked, new cam, hardened valve seats, exhaust is non-restrictive pushing out through TTI pipes and into Flowmaster 40's for a killer sound.
rail.jpg

Chassis: Chassis is all original but has been maintained for driving. All tie rods and lower control arms and upper control arms have been replaced or checked. The suspension does not need a thing. The 727 transmission has been built for the HEMI with a Hughes 2200 stall converter and Auto-grip shifter. 11" HD Brake drums, power front disc brakes, with correct hemi brake booster. I did meet Mark Worman of Grave Yard Carz this summer.
He liked my car and was impressed it had correct '69 Hemi in it. He also liked the correctness of the engine brake booster.
worman.jpg

Body: Body is an original unmolested 46 year old California car with no rust. It has never
been wrecked, just lovingly pampered by "Mopar Mike" for 20+ years. It is painted with two stage urethane Base coat, clear coat. Color is Tor-red UV2 with black side stripes. The paint is very slick and just beautiful to look at. Floor pans are original with no-rust and super solid. Doors, quarter panels, fenders, trunk, hood are also great, original, unmolested and original to the car. The rubber bumpers are real MOPAR from an AAR.
int-nov-nice.jpg

interior1.jpg

Interior:
Interior is all original and in immaculate condition like the rest of the car.
New floor carpet was about the only thing needing upgraded. Car even
has an original Rim-Blow steering wheel.
17-REAR.jpg

Other: This car has the original fender tag and even the factory broadcast sheet.
The tires are new and the wheels are new Magnum 500's. The tire size are BFG 255/60R15s on the rear and 235s on the front with 15x7 Magnum 500 wheels.

Comments

Very nice Mopar with the legendary Hemi engine in it and N96 Shaker Hood. And it is a special to meet a man like Mark Worman.

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
hofilbert
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 7 ratings

More in Member Garages