• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger 1 Laden (Large).jpg

Finally, I got my first E-Body

1971 Challenger

General Description

Proudly presenting this latest "Mopar addition"!

This Challenger is a true "barn find", as the car WAS actually stored in a real barn, so yeah.. it can still happen... even in little Denmark, where both Challengers and barns are rare! I knew abt the car, as the previous owner asked my advise, in regard of storing. After a few seasons with the Challenger immobile and untouched, I cranked up the old "pestering to purchase", and after some serious thought, and a little negotiating, he let me buy it yesterday.

It's born as 318 / 906 - A/C - bucket seat car - Light blue int & Ext, and white top.During a thorough restoratorion around 2000/2002, the engine was bored to around 340, and "badged accordingly". R/T hood added long ago. The car is in great body / paint condition, but does need some love and attention, as it lived in the barn for several years, and some parts are wrong (seat covers), missing others, but a real good body and many mange original parts in super condition. Furthermore, the previous owner, is an excellent mechanic, so I have full faith, that the car was restored with love, and assembled correctly back in 2000-2002!

I am very happy, to finally own my first E-Body ! :-D

Comments

Congrats!! I just recently (2 weeks ago) got reunited with my first car when I was 17 and in high school. 1970 Challenger R/T, go-mango orange,black top and interior. 440, 4 speed. Cant wait to start enjoying her.

Congrats!! I just recently (2 weeks ago) got reunited with my first car when I was 17 and in high school. 1970 Challenger R/T, go-mango orange,black top and interior. 440, 4 speed. Cant wait to start enjoying her.
Thnx man.. and congratulations to you too!!
Wow, that's insane, to have a 440 Challenger as "first car" - COOL!!! My first car was a HORRIBLE Austin MAXI.. ugly, AND crappy British family car. Was the Challenger still in your area, or did you have to track it down?

My favorite Challenger is also a big block manual 70' - But I am satisfied with the 71' 318. I needed a Mopar to "go far".. to "far away events"! Towing my caravan with 440's simply cost to much, and now I feel, that I can do just that again, without paying through the nose.. Unfortunately, the "new" Challenger won't start.. and I am running out of ideas, so I have to go shopping for Ignition controller, and eventually, a dash harness. WIl check if you did a "Garage" of your 70' now.. ;-)K

That is a sweet ride, you will have lots of fun on cruise night with that Challenger! Have fun with it as is or making a clone T/A!
I'm still wrenching and doing body work on my Cuda. One bite at a time :)

Congrats! Those Rallye gauges look like new. Nice.
Thanks Doc.. yes, they might very well be, as the previous owner often visited the Chrysler parts dealer in Copenhagen. Will check with him, next time... ;-) He also bought a set of brand new belts, in the original color "Bright blue", or what it was Dodge called that color.. I try to swap them for black ones, in the "swapping section"..

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Chryslerdude
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 7 ratings

More in Member Garages