• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

IMG_5818.JPG

'Cuda Gen 3 install support

I have just finished my 392 install into my Cuda and am here to advise of my events leading up to and into it. It's not easy but planning and execution would have been much easier if I had a mind to lean on from time to time. Well now I can help you

General Description

IMG_5818.JPG
IMG_5838.JPG
1973 'Cuda Gen 3, 392 upgrade. Everything is new. Whew. Started March 3rd and traveled half the time until today when she went on her maiden voyage. Break in time. Be warned though these new hemi's like to throw oil out the back. The dealer said it should "calm" down once everything is seated. Gesh. Plus the fact that we won't have catalytic converters helping burn the oil mist it's more noticeable than a new car.

I have pictures through it all and all the paperwork to help others.

Comments

Like the sleeper look,

Thinking of doing the same to my 73. What box have you used?

Lots of stories. The oil smoker was actually a bad #2 cylinder. Chrysler does not cover labor for the rebuild but only parts. So I told em to send me a new motor. And they did. Now the second one does not use a drop of oil in 1000 miles so far. Bam.

I'm not sure I understand what "box" I used. The crate motor I ordered through a Chrysler dealership. Easy warranty coverage and shipments. I used a buddies discount and saved 2k.

Anyone have fender shakes when going over ragged bumps. Fast or slow. My front end is all oem but also all new parts.

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Cudafor36
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
4.83 star(s) 6 ratings

More in Member Garages