• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

IMG_7825_2.JPG

Directly Connected to Mopar

My Mopar History

General Description

Hello All;

This will be a progressive post on the cars I've owned in the past and my current Chrysler products. I also plan to update work I do on the 'Cuda as we work to transform it from a barn find into a nice driver.

Will start off with a few pictures for now. Lets begin with the latest member to join our household. A 1973 Lemon Twist 340 'Cuda. This car came to me through a club member who is a retired Chrysler engineer and it sat in one of his barns on his property for 20 years. We coaxed it to life with a fresh battery and a cup of gas funneled into the carb, drove it on my trailer and brought it home. You will note as I add pictures, that this car is not all original, case in point is the aftermarket plastic side mirrors. This car will be the subject of my ramblings over the next few years or so.

We will also get around to seeing other cars that are in the family and reminisce about a few that got away.

Bob

IMG_7825_2.JPG

This evening we will take a quick look at another Mopar that resides in our family. Mopars have been a family affair for about as long as I remember. My father was an owner in a local Chrysler Plymouth dealership and as a kid I remember trucks arriving in August/September with more cars than would fit on the lot and showroom combined. Those cars were shuttled to our home and parked in rows in the back yard until room could be made by selling the previous years cars. I have vivid memories of Roadrunners, 'Cudas, GTXs, Satellites, Dusters and so forth taking up temporary residence there. I wish I had taken a few pictures of those beauties sitting there gleaming in the sun, but a camera was something that I did not have at the age of 11 or 12 years. My favorite was a beautiful B5 Blue automatic Superbird. What a car. The hook was set and I became a Chrysler man before I became a teenager.
Have I owned other makes? Yes, but it did not take long to come back to the Pentastar.

Here is another car that is currently in the family. This 1971 Roadrunner is now in the possession of my eldest son and it is his to make as he pleases. He just found a date correct replacement 383 to set in it over the winter. I purchased this car after returning from Desert Storm and it has sat in my garage for 20+ years waiting for me to get started on it. After finding the 'Cuda, I gave it to my son with every part that I had collected during that time. He has started working on it.

IMG_0594.JPG

Next time we will take a look at another very cool Mopar that takes a very special place in my heart. Here is a hint. Any ideas?

Bob
P1000810.JPG

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Bob Glover
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating