• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

DSC_0167a.JPG

Gator Grain T6 Challenger Trans Am

General Description

Infamous 70 Challenger T/A from north of the border...FT6, bench seat auto, Gator Grain top. Only one known to exist in the T/A registry. I'm sure the T/A freaks like me have seen this car and/or known about it. However, there has been a ton of misinformation strewn about the internet about the car. While it's really cool and looks like a "barn find" (kill me now), it's NOT a survivor. Well, it survived a bunch of owners before me and some really bad body work, but other than that...

I'm currently waiting for a replacement fender for the pass. side. That AMD junk isn't going to work.

DSC_0660_zpslomsupag.jpg

DSC_0657_zps2njfamdu.jpg

DSC_0655_zpsxjbxmwfi.jpg

Original trunk floor!

DSC_0654_zpsyft6tknn.jpg

DSC_0661_zpsukdtbe2g.jpg

This stuff is priceless.

IMG_0696_zpsjdfemv98.jpg

DSC_0664_zpszt6i5rxj.jpg

What's left of the original top...

DSC_0675_zpsjvj2cdus.jpg

Comments

I bought a V1G '70 Charger R/T in 1979. The "Gator" vinyl was splitting even then,don't think the car had ever been garaged. Wow,FT6,bench car.....can't be too many left.

Nice car, the trunk and engine bay look rust free!
I've noticed the T/A & AAR cars don't have rust issues in the trunks like the rear exhaust cars. My theory is the heat from the mufflers peels the paint and weakens the steel. The engine bay presents better than it really is. I'll need to address the inner fender hinge areas and some minor spots on the firewall.

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
quapman
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More in Member Garages