• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

cuda side2.jpg

My Cuda

HI All, I just joined. Had my car for 15+ years, and still work on it every year. it's a nice driver, but definitely not a perfect car. Enjoy...

General Description

My Car was originally a B3 Blue with B5 interior Grand Coupe Convertible. I picked it up in 1998 out of Marina, California (Near Carmel). when I bought the car, I was told by my car buddy that all it needed was the wiring to be hooked up and a carb slapped on and start driving it. Well.. This wasn't exactly true. You could drive it, if you were going downhill and didn't need brakes. I started by checking the motor. Dropped the oil pan. Hey wait. Are they connecting rod bolts supposed to drop out in my hands? No, I think not. So started with an engine rebuild. Wait, this is a street build and I have mis matched hemi blower, fully ported heads? Nope, won't work.

You get the picture. After 5 years and going thru everything in the car, I almost have it the way I want...

Here is the car...

1966 Hemi
Mopar Performance Aluminum Heads
M1 intake with 850 Holley (need to go to 750 Holley or Demon)
Hemi 4 speed
Rally Dash
Rally Wheels or Weld Wheels depending on the mood
Shaker Hood
Driving Lights
B Body Dana 3.54 (2" narrower)
PS, PDB,
Slammed about 2" front and Back

It's Fun...

thomas

Comments

My dad actually assembled a good chunk of that car before Jack went off the deep end....wow I cannot believe that engine was in that condition, and I'm not suprised about the brakes or any of the other list of things incomplete. Sounds like good ol mopar Mike "oh it just needs a battery and some air in the tires and it's ready to go" yet you'll be missing the transmission a wheel and gas pedal It was sold right at the point where my pops was going to fire the engine. He did the entire drivetrain, painted all the engine/engine compRtment/door jambs basically he painted all of it besides the outside body. I remember being a little kid in the mid 90s while he was installing those headers...he told me it was a nightmare. Jack did that car right 18 spline Dana a true hemi rimblow I think he even put real 15x7s on that car....it's got the the whole nine yards, it has leather and a 6 way seat doesn't it? One hell of a beautiful car bud...I never thought I would see it again. I was 9 years old last time I saw that car. Would like to see some more pics of it

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Thomas Schwartz
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More in Member Garages