• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

15'' rim for spare tire

gtx71

Reaction score
Hello,

i am looking for the cheapest way to have a spare tire for my 1970 dodge challenger,
what 15'' rim with proper back spacing/ bolt circle can i buy from my local bone yard that will work.
Tony

quapman

Reaction score
Anything from a C body, truck or van will work as long as it's 4-1/2 bolt circle. These will typically be 15 X 6 or 6-1/2.

Just an FYI, E bodies never had 15" spares due to the small trunk space.

moparleo

Reaction score
The tire size is more critical than the rim size. The rim size is just the size of the hole in your tire. One thing you can try is to get one of the current space saver spares as they are narrow and take up less space in the already small trunk. Like quapman said, just make sure that the bolt pattern is 5 on 4 1/2 "

Drivun

Reaction score
Building on everyone's comments above you need to target in on a spare having an inflated tire diameter equal to your current non-spares, the 5 x 4 1/2 inch or 114.3mm bolt pattern, and 71.5mm center bore hole. I have used used mag wheels from swap meets, and new Nascar stye/wagon wheel steelies ($45 @summit)

Back