• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1969 Scheduled Production date C?? for my 1970 Cuda 340

hemi135

Reaction score
The obvious, don't have my original tag yet. Previous owner still looking but I'm not confident he'll locate it. Anyway, I'm having one made as my vehicle is pretty original but my original door sticker states, 12-1969. So, it should read C?? for SPD but who else out there has a 12-1969 build out of Hamtramck,MI? I would like to narrow down the sequence numbers close to mine (207774) to estimate a build date.

In short who has 12-1969 build date out of Hamtramck Mi and what is your build date and sequence number

IMG_2253.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
hemi 135
Just some possible pertinent info.
I maintain the A66 Challenger Registry for the A66 FB website and track build dates.
In the Registry we have two HOB cars with a serial numbers starting with 206 with build dates of C03. The next sn up in the Registry starts with H0B 211 with a build date of C06. Your car most likely was built on December 6th or 7th.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
I checked all of my saved fender tags as well. With the numbers I have, I cannot narrow it down any further than the first week of December. SPDs can vary and only loosely follow the numerical order of the sequence numbers. You will need to bracket your sequence number a bit tighter to make an educated guess but C03 or C04 could be correct. Have you searched for the broadcast sheets?

206xxx with SPD of C03.
209xxx with SPD of C05.
2111xx with SPD of C08. An example of how the SPD can be "out of sequence".
2113xx with SPD of C06.
212xxx with SPD of C07.

SPD of C03 for 206 Sequence Number.jpg

Last edited:

hemi135

Reaction score
I checked all of my saved fender tags as well. With the numbers I have, I cannot narrow it down any further than the first week of December. SPDs can vary and only loosely follow the numerical order of the sequence numbers. You will need to bracket your sequence number a bit tighter to make an educated guess but C03 or C04 could be correct. Have you searched for the broadcast sheets?

206xxx with SPD of C03.
209xxx with SPD of C05.
2111xx with SPD of C08. An example of how the SPD can be "out of sequence".
2113xx with SPD of C06.
212xxx with SPD of C07.

View attachment 98538
The broadcast sheet was unfortunately lost with the entire original interior that was thrown out 3 decades ago by the previous owner. I was told it was so far gone, there was no saving, ugh. I recently spoke with this previous owner and he said most likely the sheet was there but sadly it's gone. This as you all are aware is what they did back when, when the importance wasn't present I guess. He did save the fender tag but it never made it back on the Cuda when I purchased it in 1993. Now, a little background...I had to sell it 1995 but just bought it back amazingly in April 2022. After my recent conversation with previous owner, he stated he might still have the tag and is looking. He said it might be in the restoration photo album he made but he trying to find that too. You how this goes, ya have to be gentle not to piss him off because the urgency is high with me but him, not so much. Fingers crossed but not banking on it. Thank you for digging up these numbers MoparCarGuy, this helps greatly:)

hemi135

Reaction score
hemi 135
Just some possible pertinent info.
I maintain the A66 Challenger Registry for the A66 FB website and track build dates.
In the Registry we have two HOB cars with a serial numbers starting with 206 with build dates of C03. The next sn up in the Registry starts with H0B 211 with a build date of C06. Your car most likely was built on December 6th or 7th.
Thank you for responding...much appreciated. It might be safe to say with my serial number and the best educated guess could be a C04 SPD..but I understand the SPD could be out of sequence.

Raycuda

Reaction score
The obvious, don't have my original tag yet. Previous owner still looking but I'm not confident he'll locate it. Anyway, I'm having one made as my vehicle is pretty original but my original door sticker states, 12-1969. So, it should read C?? for SPD but who else out there has a 12-1969 build out of Hamtramck,MI? I would like to narrow down the sequence numbers close to mine (207774) to estimate a build date.

In short who has 12-1969 build date out of Hamtramck Mi and what is your build date and sequence number

View attachment 98448
I also have a BS23H0B234556. My build date is 114 per the fender tag. I hope this helps you.

Back