1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

1970 barracuda Hemi swap. 2008 5.7 hemi out of a ram 1500

New Hemi Swaps

1. Williamraylynn

Williamraylynn New Member

Hello gents. I recently picked up a 5.7 hemi out of 2008 ram 1500 and am planning to drop it into my 1970 barracuda grancoupe. Any suggestions? I have questions about which harness I should go with and where to get adapters for my speedo and for shifting

2. rbbruno3

rbbruno3 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, can’t help with your swap but I’m sure someone on here can

3. mofish

mofish Member

I don’t know a lot but I have heard there is a lot on the truck engine when trying to swap it into our cars. Good luck.

4. moparleo

moparleo Well-Known Member

Go over to the New Hemi swap forum. Just click on the Forum tab and scroll down.
    Welcome aboard.

5. Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho Well-Known Member

What trans are you trying to use ?
    The 5.7 swap is relatively easy , you need a stand alone computer to run the engine , not sure anything is available to run the trans , better off to use an 833 or 518

6. Williamraylynn

Williamraylynn New Member

Just the factory 545RFE. Ive talked to the guys at Hotwire and I’m just waiting to get a harness now. I’m wondering if my rear end will be okay or if I should put my extra 8 3/4 rear end under the car

7. Gen 3 Cuda

Gen 3 Cuda Member

You're on the right track talking to Chris at Hotwire. Super nice to deal with. What rear is under the car now? An 8 3/4 will be plenty strong for a stock 5.7.

8. Eivin

Eivin New Member

I went the aem way on both my swaps. If you go carb instead of the injection, you can use msd´stand alone ignition controller (hemi6) or
    the aem infinity 3 series. it can control 8 ignition coils, and injectors. very easy to work with, and fast responce.. the aem is allso the (for now) only system that can handle the 60-2 notch crank signal on the 2013 on engines. on the older one like the one you have, would i go the FAST way - they have controllers for the engine and for the new type transmission. just finished my 70 challenger with a 2015 5.7 eagle hemi and it works… :)

9. Cudafor36

Cudafor36 Well-Known Member

Is but direct from mopar the CPU and harness kit. It will be new and have all he right connectors. Yes it's 1500 bucks but find a friend with an employee discount like I did and go. I just finished my 392 install. It was a tight fit but she runs like a raped ape now. 7345453794 of you wanna know anyhjng. Peter.

IMG_6579.JPG

IMG_6611.JPG

10. moparleo

moparleo Well-Known Member